It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• My boyfriend of 3 years. Is this a healthy relationship?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-25-2014, 02:39 AM   #1
    Beautifullady2
    (female)

Beautifullady2 HB User
    My boyfriend of 3 years. Is this a healthy relationship?

I know it's normal for couples to argue and go through difficulties within a relationship. However, my boyfriend is now becoming more physical ( throwing things, squeezing me very tightly, punching walls) while we are involved in a verbal altercation. When we first got together I weighed in at 135 pounds. I am now 200 pounds. This has become a rather large issue for him. He makes fat jokes, even though I tell him it hurts my feelings. Beginning he just wanted to make me happy, wow it seems as though he doesn't want to be with me. It's like you became a different person overnight. At the same time he can be such a sweetheart. Random flowers, all taking to the movies, going on dates, financial support and he encourages my personal success. he's really a standup kind of guy, which is why I am so shocked that he treats me this way at times. I've even tried diets, and working out ( going to the gym). But if I don't work out as long as he wants me to he gets upset. We argue a lot about my weight. It makes me wonder if I'm not trying hard enough, if he really is a good man, or if I need to find someone who can love me for me. I'm stuck in a rock and a hard place here. But doesn't go out often, he goes out maybe twice a month. But when he does go out he stays gone until 6 o'clock in the morning. We don't have any children were not married we just have a few animals. If anyone has any productive comments to add I would really appreciate it thank you so much for your time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2014, 05:32 AM   #2
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
    Re: My boyfriend of 3 years. Is this a healthy relationship?

Hi, often times victims of abuse get confused because the abuser is both nice at times mixed with violence and cruelty. For you, you need to find the courage to leave this relationship because it is not healthy and probably will get worse as time goes by. Don't let this man beat down your self esteem for his purpose of totally controlling you. His niceness is not worth putting up his abuse so be brave and throw him to the curb, you will be glad you did. Good luck to you..

Old 10-27-2014, 01:23 PM   #3
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

this is NOT a healthy relationship, and I think you know that!
    This relationship is UN-healthy on so many levels.....
    he is violent, he puts you down, there is verbal abuse, emotional abuse, and physical abuse....squeezing you tight is physical abuse......punching walls will escalate to punching you.....

Old 10-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #4
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

The fact that you are asking this question is its own answer. You know it is not healthy. Take what is left of your self esteem and go. Nobody needs to be treated this way. Sera

Closed Thread