It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• My boyfriend is morbidly obese and angry at me.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #1
    affirmations
    (female)

affirmations HB User
    My boyfriend is morbidly obese and angry at me.

I tried desperately to give up junk food for many, many years. I final succeeded with support groups and self examination. I have so much compassion for others struggling with this addiction. I meet someone special and he is gaining rapidly and developing a ton of health difficulties. I am sensitive to understand not to push or embarrass him. I shared some statistics about junk food on my face book page and he posted the following.

"You are showing with this food campaign, you really hate people that eat. You are beginning to sound like a unstable person. No relationship can thrive in that environment"

I told him intimacy with him leaves me frightened and physically uncomfortable

His response " I hurt his feelings"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2014, 06:04 AM   #2
    pendulum
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User
    Re: My boyfriend is morbidly obese and angry at me.

Sorry, I'll be blunt: I think you are incompatible. You need someone on the same page where you are, and he needs someone who accepts his way of life. It also seems difficult for him to take any sort of criticism, even if it is positive criticism. On the other hand, he didn't ask you any advice, so ... Of course, telling him that intimacy with him left you frightened and physically uncomfortable would be hurtful. Maybe you should apologize to him, if adequate, but unless you guys are able to accept each other fully (especially you accept his lifestyle), I don't see this relationship going anywhere.

The following user gives a hug of support to pendulum:
    affirmations (12-02-2014)
    The Following User Says Thank You to pendulum For This Useful Post:
    affirmations (12-02-2014)
    Old 11-28-2014, 08:18 AM   #3
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,

His reply to your face book page shows just how he feels about your new eating regime.
    You are happy with your way he is happy with his and has no desire to change.
    You say he is special and that you don't want to push or embarrass him and then you tell him that intimacy with him leaves you feeling physically uncomfortable.
    If he is so special this is a thoughtless way to address him.
    My husband smokes I don't but that's his choice mine is mine. Let him be and don't mention food again or look for someone who will join you in your new food regime,

Solofelix.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I don't care for his attitude.....he sounds a little passive-aggressive....
    I'd leave him in the dust......he's more in love with his junk food than he is you.....and this doesn't sound like a healthy relationship

The Following User Says Thank You to rosequartz For This Useful Post:
    affirmations (12-03-2014)
    Old 12-03-2014, 11:48 AM   #5
    affirmations
    (female)

affirmations HB User

I really appreciate your response. I did not tell him callously about our intimacy problem. He knows it caused me physical pain.
    After much soul searching I felt he needed to be made aware of this difficulty, He replied he was not going to try and loose any weight. I took that to mean, he was not going to alter his behavior with me. I'm sad because that is the way most addictions sound like.
    Thanks again,
    We tried talking on the phone recently and he called me evil and abusive. I'm so sorry, I could cry.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:33 PM   #6
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by affirmations View Post
    I really appreciate your response. I did not tell him callously about our intimacy problem. He knows it caused me physical pain.
    After much soul searching I felt he needed to be made aware of this difficulty, He replied he was not going to try and loose any weight. I took that to mean, he was not going to alter his behavior with me. I'm sad because that is the way most addictions sound like.
    Thanks again,
    We tried talking on the phone recently and he called me evil and abusive. I'm so sorry, I could cry.

"You know where you stand now"...
    Time to move on, But try to remember not everyone is into
    your healthy life style and he's one of them,

Solofelix.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
    affirmations (12-04-2014),pendulum (12-04-2014)
    Old 12-04-2014, 09:51 AM   #7
    affirmations
    (female)

affirmations HB User

Thanks so much,

Closed Thread