It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• I struggle with meeting women and starting a relationship

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-01-2015, 03:11 AM   #1
    msp72
    (male)

msp72 HB User
    I struggle with meeting women and starting a relationship

I hate to bring up some depressing information, but I was hoping to get some advice. I am in my late twenties and I have never had sex. I don't have a good explanation for it. I struggle with meeting women and starting a relationship. I haven't had much good fortune. I may have had a few good opportunities to date and start a relationship, but I let personal issues get in the way. Over many years, I have learned that I must put these personal issues aside in order to be happy. I would like to know if this is a good way to explain myself to a girl (if I meet a girl and we have a relationship that becomes intimate).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2015, 04:37 AM   #2
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
    Re: I struggle with meeting women and starting a relationship

Hi, whatever you do, do not tell a new girl that personal issues kept you from a relationship as it does not make for a good impression.. If the subject comes up just tell her that you have not met that special girl yet and you will do fine....

Old 01-01-2015, 07:12 AM   #3
    pendulum
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

Hello. I'm not sure if you must always put your personal problems aside. This is like sweeping them under the carpet. While I think that many people rely too much on psychotherapy these days without a real need for it, some of it might indeed help you to work out these issues. Good psychotherpay will show you what really matters and what should not concern you and improve your self-esteem. It would also be important to incorporate some physical activity into your life. When you are ready, dating will feel easier.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:43 PM   #4
    Will I Be Happy
    Veteran
    (female)

Will I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB User

Hi there! As a woman, I can share some personal experience. I too have difficulty meeting men. If it makes you feel better, I'm 36 and only lost my virginity a few years back. I was with the person twice and haven't had sex since. I've been physical with men but the relationships never developed. I struggle w trust or the men have been very immature. I know I also need to work on giving men a chance. I work on this with my therapist. Therapy is quite productive for me. One thing I will say, I'm still learning not to say too much too soon. I was famous for putting all issues on the table. It was a defense mechanism to not get hurt. Most of the time, it did push the men away. I'm still learning to let things develop. If the time comes I might share info. It's still a chance they reject me. But I'm learning that if they leave, they aren't worth my time. It's a struggle. Not sure if this helped but you're not alone.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:04 AM   #5
    msp72
    (male)

msp72 HB User

Thank you very much! It's nice to have someone to relate to in this way. Good luck to you as well.

Closed Thread

Tags
    loneliness, relationship advice, sexual health, virginity