It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board

Rls

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2018, 05:34 AM   #1
NDH3578
(male)

NDH3578 HB User
Exclamation Rls

What can I put on my feet that will stop Restless Legs Syndrome?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2018, 04:47 PM   #2
ndavid1
(male)

ndavid1 HB User
Re: Rls

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDH3578 View Post
What can I put on my feet that will stop Restless Legs Syndrome?
Hi, I sure can understand wanting help for Restless Leg. There is no topical ointment that you can put on your feet for this. It requires prescription meds in order to help. Usually these meds work very, very well. In my case I was prescribed Requip and sometimes Mirapex. These worked well for several years but they do stop being effective with time. At that point I was prescribed gabapentin and it is doing very well one year later.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:54 PM   #3
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: Rls

Dear NDH3578,
I have Restless Legs Syndrome, and the effect of that on my feet is truly disturbing. I call it 'nerve shock'. It is so disturbing.

My husband asked our local pharmacist if there is anything that can help and he recommended the overthecounter product Theraworx Relief. It says on the box and bottle that it is for muscle cramp and soreness relief, so I didn't at all believe it would help my nerves. In desperation I tried it and in a very short time the nerves settled right down. I was shocked. It is composed of a component of magnesium and I should not have been so surprised.

If you try it, be sure to apply the foam to a folded paper towel so your hands don't touch it, and smear it thickly on the area needed, over the entire affected area. Let it absorb and dry, which happens pretty quickly in my case maybe because my skin is so dry.

It is not harmful to try using it a few times to see if it helps you, too. No one knows exactly what will give any one person relief. Oral meds don't set well with me so this was a great find. So far so good, anyway.
Let me know if you try it, and if it works at all for you.

Love,

Reply Reply