It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board

Weight gain on RLS medication

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2018, 02:08 AM   #1
Pawnee Rock
(female)

Pawnee Rock HB User
Weight gain on RLS medication

I have gained unwanted weight on the medication prescribed for RLS. I am seeking information on alternative rls treatment that does not have the side effect of weight gain. Ideas please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2018, 08:26 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Weight gain on RLS medication

First, you wan to talk to your prescribing doctor. Not every RLS drug has the side effect of weight gain. You could also talk to a health food store who specialize in homeopathic remedies..there might be something you could take which might help.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:09 PM   #3
Blacktea
(female)

Blacktea HB UserBlacktea HB User
Re: Weight gain on RLS medication

Try taking one or two capsules of 25mg ferrous bisglycinate on an empty stomach about an hour before bed. Iron works for a lot of people. I am one of the lucky ones where the iron (gotta be that form) works within one hour to get rid of the RLS for the night. If you plan to use long term you have to talk to your doctor about it. My ferritin levels are in the normal range and as long as yours are in the normal range and not above you should be ok to do a trial run.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-01-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Reply Reply