It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board

• Rls

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-06-2019, 07:41 AM   #1
    Nickdhr
    (male)

Nickdhr HB User
    Rls

What can I put on feet to stop Restless Leg Syndrome?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2019, 12:46 PM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Rls

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nickdhr View Post
    What can I put on feet to stop Restless Leg Syndrome?
    One research source recommends taking Magnesium and vitamin B because the cause may be due to nerve damage because of a deficiency.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:22 AM   #3
    HelpfulMin
    (female)

HelpfulMin HB User
    Re: Rls

My boyfriend has a pretty bad case of it and right now the only medication that helps is Lyrica twice a day. His insurance wanted him to try all the others drugs first with all the bad side effects because it's cheaper to prescribe including anti-depressants. It caused so many unnecessary side effects. I hope you don't go through that. Probably depends on your doctor and most insurances. Don't settle! Your insurance or even state insurance pays for it. You might even try those first but don't settle cause it really helps.

Gabapentin is similar but still has bad mental side effects when you don't take on time. I take Gabapentin and supposedly it's not addictive but if I don't take on time I get unnecessarily angry. I take for nerve pain. My boyfriend tried and side effects were worse. Antidepressants made him depressed, sleepy, and tired for 2 days before stopping. He couldn't tolerate or imagine taking to wait for the side effects to taper down as instructed from his doctor and really it was bad.

The RLS is so bad and that even at night his whole body jerks and he doesn't realize it's disrupting his sleep, I do 😐 because it disrupts mine! Lol. He is much better now with Lyrica,thank God. Sometimes if he forgets to take at night his symptoms will start but will go away the next day as he takes his medication on time. It's been life changing I think for him. Good luck!

Reply Reply