It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board

• Information on the soap under fitted sheet, please

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-01-2021, 06:32 AM   #1
    sobbing
    (female)

sobbing HB User
    Question Information on the soap under fitted sheet, please

I have chronic, severe RLS. For the last 3 months, I have only gotten 1 - 3 hours or restless sleep a night because of RLS. My whole body is screaming from painful exhaustion. I read several years ago about the lavender soap and just rolled my eyes, knowing that nothing like that would help my severe symptoms. I recently read somewhere to use original Ivory soap under the fitted sheet. Being about a day away from complete insanity, I decided to try it. I'm still the same, except it seems as if I am sleeping a little better (not 5 minutes here, 10 there) - but, sadly only maybe one night a week. Hey, at this point I'll take that. I would like to know if you leave the wrapper on the soap, do you wrap it in a wash cloth, put it in a ziplock bag and poke holes in the bag???? I really do not want to put the soap under the fitted sheet without some sort of protection from the soap getting all over the mattress and fitted sheet. ALSO, how often do you change out the soap?? Thank you so much and God bless you all who are suffering from this insanity of an illness!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2021, 03:30 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Information on the soap under fitted sheet, please

Out of the wrapper, between the sheet and the mattress pad = both of which are washable.

Old 04-02-2021, 04:20 AM   #3
    Boozjee
    (female)

Boozjee HB User
    Re: Information on the soap under fitted sheet, please

I tried the "soap in the bed" thing when I first developed RLS some years ago. For me, it didn't work. What did work for me was making sure I got adequate electrolytes, plus Magnesium. I didn't realize I was low on these nutrients. Now I take a Magnesium supplement as needed, and I drink spring water daily for the electrolytes. Haven't had any problems with RLS - or leg cramps either for that matter - ever since.

Reply Reply