It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board

• RLS or Sciatica?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-19-2004, 11:50 AM   #1
    bosanova
    (female)

bosanova HB User
    RLS or Sciatica?

Hi everyone, this is my first time on this board. I have an almost constant achy feeling in my legs, which has gwon considerably worse in the past 6 months.
    It's very difficult for me to lie still and sleep at night....my legs just ache too much, like I have the flu.
    I have started seeing a chiropractor, who says that I do have sciatica. I've started getting adjustments twice a week, and he feels pretty confident that it will help my leg pain. He also did mention that I "might" have RLS. How do I know which condition is causing my pain, and does it really matter as far as treatment is concerned? I don't have insurance right now and cannot get a bunch of expensive tests done. If anyone out there can help me make a distinction between the 2 conditions, it would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2004, 01:31 PM   #2
    jacksinn
    Inactive
    (female)

jacksinn HB User
    Re: RLS or Sciatica?

I finally realized I haD RLS after reading a post from someone who took over the counter cold medicine and it made it worse. That night I had just taken Tylenol PM and I put two and two together. went to a neurologist and now take mirapex and sleep much better. Good Luck.

Old 08-23-2004, 11:20 PM   #3
    mattinphoenix

mattinphoenix HB User
    Re: RLS or Sciatica?

I was checked for both and the neuro doctor confirmed RLS. I tried a chiropractor, which I think psychologically helped for awhile by claiming to be "able to fix rls"....as far as I know this is not possible by seeing a chiropractor.

I feel for you - I experience the pain/nerve discomfort every day and night....and, have had tests done including nerve conduction, catscans, lower and upper mri's. Right now requip seems to be partially helping. One med I know deadens the pain is vicodin, but because of drowsiness I only take a small dose before going to bed on extreme instances.

I hope this is helpful....

Matt

P.S. Please share if you find a better relief.

Closed Thread