It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board

• Is it possible to have RLS symptoms throughout your whole body?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-01-2004, 09:20 PM   #1
    waterfairy
    (female)

waterfairy HB User
    Question Is it possible to have RLS symptoms throughout your whole body?

I never in a million years thought there would be a message board on RLS, but I'm soo soo glad I've found one! RLS runs in my family, my Grandmother, Aunt, Mother and I all have it, and we never knew that it was nerve related, or at least I didn't. I though it had to do with your muscles!

My question, however, is this...is it possible to have that creepy-crawly feeling not only in your legs, but also in your arms, lower and upper back and feet? I have had that feeling in my back for the past couple of weeks now when I go to lay down, and it's driving me absolutely crazy! My Grandma and Aunt say that the only way for the feeling to go away is when they lay down flat in bed, but for me, that's when it starts. I have no idea how to get rid of the feeling, if there is even something I can do or not. I find myself getting out of bed because it wakes me up sometimes and I do all sorts of funny weird movements to try and get some help from the feeling and nothing works. Anyone ever had these sort of problems other than in their legs?

I greatly appreciate your time!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2004, 09:31 AM   #2
    Rick7799
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Rick7799 HB User
    Re: Is it possible to have RLS symptoms throughout your whole body?

Yes, it is possible. I have been reading this thread for a year and I have seen posts on that many times. Do a search for the past year and you will see a lot on that.

Old 10-04-2004, 09:44 PM   #3
    waterfairy
    (female)

waterfairy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rick7799
    Yes, it is possible. I have been reading this thread for a year and I have seen posts on that many times. Do a search for the past year and you will see a lot on that.
    Thanks so much for letting me know. Greatly appreciated!!!!

Old 10-08-2004, 12:50 AM   #4
    JODI MARIE

JODI MARIE HB User

Dear Waterfairy, You Are The First One I Ever Heard Say That You Feel It In Your Legs, Arms,& Back. Every Female In My Family For Generations Have Had This Problem, Only I Got To Be The Lucky One That Got It In All The Same Areas That You Spoke Of. This Really Interfers With My Sleep As Well As My Relationship. I Went To The Doctors And They Gave Me Kolotapins For This But When I Take Them They Knock Me Out So There Goes The Relationship. I Really Hope That Someone Finds A Cure Other Than The Harsh Drugs To Help All Off Us That Suffer From This Terrible Problem. I Wish You The Best Of Luck And I Say Yes You Can Get It In Other Areas Other Than Just The Legs. I Think We Are Living Proof Of That :

Last edited by JODI MARIE; 10-08-2004 at 12:52 AM.

Old 12-15-2004, 10:23 PM   #5
    rlslifer
    (female)

rlslifer HB User

Hi, I'm new to the board but not RLS, going on 40 yrs now. It is my first memory. I was given this lovely life style by both my mother and my father. I have been very active in eduating myself about this disorderfor the past 4-5 years now. Also, seeking support of others that suffer, not to mention offering my support.
    Yes, RLS can be a whole body issue. I have symptoms from head to toe. Itching, the creepy things that my body thinks it owns. Head, ears, face, trunk, legs....etc. It changes. I suffer pain as well. I should be the most limber person alive with all the stretching, but still I feel the pulling of my muscles. Mine is not an at rest problem, mine is all day, all night. I am currently taking medication to help control my symptoms and for now it's working.
    It's becoming more clear that there are as many symptoms that apply to this disorder as there are suffers. In my family alone, there are as many as 9 people out of 13. This includes my Grandmother, mother, father, unlces, brothers, son, and niece. Our symptoms are all different and at different levels of severity. Three of us are probably considered severe and very painfull. I am one of the 3. The others have less bothersome symptroms or symptoms that they don't find to be much of a problem.
    RLS is progressive and there is not cure as yet. However, that is not to say that there is not hope. Boards like this help to spread the word about this disorder.
    Best wishes to you all.

Old 12-20-2004, 09:50 AM   #6
    kat75

kat75 HB User

I have definitely had RLS in my arms before...and I've had RLS for at least 12 years now.

Old 01-17-2005, 09:20 AM   #7
    Jumpylegs
    (female)

Jumpylegs HB User

Me too, my whole body. Seems just like torture to me.

Old 01-20-2005, 04:41 PM   #8
    HollyJo
    (female)

HollyJo HB User

I have it all over.. arms, legs, back... it drives me nuts. I'm actually the first that I've found in my family. I've asked everyone in my family about it and nobody has experienced it before. I actually found that when I changed my eating habits the episodes weren't as bad.

Old 01-21-2005, 09:13 PM   #9
    MissyMousums
    (female)

MissyMousums HB User

Wow I am glad to see this board! I have had RLS since I was a child (40+ years ago). The doctors back then thought it was growing pains but I still have the same pain today and I get it in my legs and back. I especially get it in my back when I am on the computer. It's not a pain per se but a gnawing sensation which causes me to jerk. Laying down relieves it a bit but it's sometimes unbearable.

Is there anything they can do for it aside from medication? I don't like muscle relaxants.

Old 01-22-2005, 07:44 PM   #10
    Michele12
    (female)

Michele12 HB User

Yes Missy there's magnesium, it's good to relax tight muscles.

Closed Thread