It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board

• Support Hose helps RLS

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-09-2005, 05:26 PM   #1
    TammiQ
    (female)

TammiQ HB User
    Support Hose helps RLS

My husband has had RLS (unofficial diagnosis) as long as we have been married, 19 years. He has tried most of the suggestions he has found on-line and has talked to his doctor on occasion, but he doesn't want to take any drugs.

I developed RLS temporarily when I was pregnant. Due to other leg problems, my OB had me wearing support hose and I noticed that this helped prevent RLS most of the time.

I tried to convince my husband to try support hose at night but again he resisted. After several years of my nagging and his RLS getting worse he finally agreed to try a pair of my support hose (canít call them pantyhose when he wears them). To both of our amazement this has dramatically reduced his symptoms. Before trying them he was up 4-5 nights a week, and so was I. Now he might have a bad night 1-2 a month.

I wanted to see if anyone else heard of or tried this. It is a lot cheaper than medication. He wears ordinary old Leggs Active Support. Just remember, their support hose, not pantyhose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2005, 01:15 PM   #2
    lucylane
    (female)

lucylane HB User
    Re: Support Hose helps RLS

My mom wears support hose to bed with the toes cut out and they help her because she has varicose veins. She takes clonazepam tablets for restless legs syndrome (2 at bedtime). She no longer suffers from rls now. Clonazepam is an anti-anxiety medication and it doesn't cost very much either.

Old 06-24-2005, 07:57 PM   #3
    skulli
    (female)

skulli HB User

they don't help me. OMG I can't stand anything on my feet. I have tarsal tunnel syndrome and some folks said support hose would help the tts.

OMG they drove me crazy. I couldn't stand it. I wanted to climb the walls.

I can't even stand socks. I don't know if it is the tts or the rls that causes that- think maybe it is the RLS b/c I only have tts in one foot. I only wear very light soft sole moccassins that are very loose around my ankles.

I used to love stylish shoes. Just finally said it wasn't worth it and threw them ALL away.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:28 AM   #4
    oldbaldy
    (male)

oldbaldy HB User

I'm trying support hose for RLS... seems to help last night, otherwise taking Requip. But I do not know how long I should be wearing the knee high socks.
    using 15-20mmHG Juzo 5700's purchased at the Mayo Store.

Any other comments or suggestions would be welcome.

JB

Last edited by oldbaldy; 11-17-2007 at 11:29 AM.

Closed Thread