It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board

• Can gait unsteadiness be due to night-time limb movement disorder

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-06-2005, 11:24 AM   #1
    Furrypaws
    (male)

Furrypaws HB User
    Question Can gait unsteadiness be due to night-time limb movement disorder

When walking, I always feel I'm going to lose my balance, although I've never actually fallen down. Two neurologists have said there's nothing wrong with my brain, my coordination or my balance. Two ear nose and throat doctors have said there's nothing wrong with my inner ear. After 9 months of talks and medication, a psychiatrist has concluded that I'm not clinically depressed. My family doctor says there's nothing wrong with my blood tests, my blood pressure, my pulse or my level of B-12. After sleep tests, it has been discovered that I suffer from Sleep Apnea, so that I now sleep with a C-PAP machine. Subsequent tests have shown that I suffer from periodic limb movement disorder. Can this be responsible for the vague pains that are constantly in my calf muscles, and can whatever is wrong with my calf muscles (if anything) be responsible for my unsteady gait and the sense that I'm losing my balance? If anyone out there has any ideas, I'd be very grateful. I've been suffering from this disorder for more than two years, and it is interfering badly with my quality of life. Thank you very much. And God Bless You!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2005, 04:04 PM   #2
    NHone
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

NHone HB User
    Re: Can gait unsteadiness be due to night-time limb movement disorder

you need magnesium

Old 08-08-2005, 06:01 PM   #3
    Lostwon
    (female)

Lostwon HB User

Your heading caught my eye because I have suffered from walking co-ordination problems as well. It used to be severe, along with stuttering. I couldn't walk straight at all. This was back when I had caffeine and sugar every day, which makes my RLS a lot worse too.
    I cut out all the caffeine and after a few weeks and practicing balance, i could walk straight again.
    i think you're right about there being a connection with balance and limb movement. I think it's related to the central nervous system, or vitamin deficiencies or both. Wish I knew
    Good luck

Old 09-22-2005, 06:04 AM   #4
    Sooty36
    (female)

Sooty36 HB User

Do you have tinnitus - I have had tinnitus as well as RLS for about 6 years - I wonder if it is connected?

Closed Thread