It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board

• Requip & RLS...sleeping better!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
    jwood
    (female)

jwood HB User
    Question Requip & RLS...sleeping better!

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. My issue was leg discomfort...day and night! Finally went for help and EMG test was abnormal. Being treated for RLS, with Requip. Helps me sleep at night and results have been positive.

I still struggle during the daytime with neuropathy type feelings, like pins/needles, etc, but I"m curious as to what the long term effects of taking requip are? Does anyone know?

Thanks.
    Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
    Dozyoff
    (male)

Dozyoff HB User
    Re: Requip & RLS...sleeping better!

Temazepam, Requip, etc., helps with sleep but doesn't do too much in terms of long term effects. I've taken Requip (1 pill at night) and it helped me to sleep, but after a while that 1 tablet dose would wake me up in the middle of the night or early-early morning (3-4 AM). Eventually I would end up taking more and that didn't help at all. I think that the pharmaceutical industry is taking advantage of this in some sort of insidious way...

Sincerely,
    Dozyoff

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jwood View Post
    Hello,

I'm new to this forum. My issue was leg discomfort...day and night! Finally went for help and EMG test was abnormal. Being treated for RLS, with Requip. Helps me sleep at night and results have been positive.

I still struggle during the daytime with neuropathy type feelings, like pins/needles, etc, but I"m curious as to what the long term effects of taking requip are? Does anyone know?

Thanks.
    Jenny

Old 05-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #3
    jwood
    (female)

jwood HB User

Thanks for that. Has anything worked for you?

Old 05-27-2009, 07:46 PM   #4
    Dozyoff
    (male)

Dozyoff HB User

Oddly enough...Norco, which is a pain medication I take for an unrelated injury seems to work for me. It's Hydrocodone Bitartrate, but I wouldn't recommend it for RLS because it can be habit forming. For me, meditation or simply meditating on pleasant thoughts or shifting my thoughts on a subject that would keep me occupied in my mind would help me drift off to sleep. Combine that with a 10-15 minute massage and deep breaths can help alleviate the symptoms a little. If I find anything else that might help in the near future I'll be sure to keep you updated.

Sincerely,
    Dozyoff

Old 07-25-2009, 09:26 AM   #5
    Moonrize
    (female)

Moonrize HB User

I've been taking Requip for awhile now and WHAT a blessed relief! My RLS was SO bad I couldn't even sit still for an hour car ride! It was sheer torture.First night on the Requip I went right to sleep,legs were blissfully quiet! I take only half of .25 mgs,which is a lower-than-low dose,but right now it does the trick for me.At first in the mornings my stomach was abit raw feeling,but if I took the pill before bed with a small amount of food,all was ok.I have no other negative side effects.I just wish I'd taken the drug alot sooner,I've been suffering for a long long time.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:26 PM   #6
    writeleft
    Inactive
    (female)

writeleft HB User

I have been on requip (1.5mg) for 5 years. It has worked wonders for me.

Closed Thread