It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board

• I'm 17. Do I have it?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
    Rebelvick05
    (male)

Rebelvick05 HB User
    I'm 17. Do I have it?

My legs feel like they always have to be straight. At all times of day, I have to have my knees unbent, or I feel a discomforting heavy, ALMOST painful malaise in them. If I'm in a situation where I can't lie down, or stretch them while sitting, I stand, but after a while the standing becomes painful to my legs also. Is this RLS? If its not, what could it be?

And if its important, its been this way for about 4 months without stop, but I figured it was nothing serious so I ignored it. I'm only 17, so I didn't think RLS was very likely.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
    fblvr
    (female)

fblvr HB Userfblvr HB User
    Re: I'm 17. Do I have it?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rebelvick05 View Post
    My legs feel like they always have to be straight. At all times of day, I have to have my knees unbent, or I feel a discomforting heavy, ALMOST painful malaise in them. If I'm in a situation where I can't lie down, or stretch them while sitting, I stand, but after a while the standing becomes painful to my legs also. Is this RLS? If its not, what could it be?

And if its important, its been this way for about 4 months without stop, but I figured it was nothing serious so I ignored it. I'm only 17, so I didn't think RLS was very likely.
    Dear 17 Year Old,
    I can only speak from my own symptoms and about 25 years of RLS experience...I don't think that it is. I would suggest you get to a doctor, maybe start with one in Internal Medicine? They should be able to advise you.

My RLS makes me want to move my legs if my Rx wears off or if I'm late taking the next dose. I guess you have never seen the TV commercials with the illustrations. Watching them is how I figured out what I had after so many years. Mine first started at the approx. age of 25 and would only happen like 1x a year. I had a studio apt back then and a pullout sofabed. The only relief I got was to position myself strangly with my back on the bed and my legs up the backrest portion of the couch in like an "L" position with my legs upward. I know -- it sounds strange but I could not lay flat when it first happened. Hey, you do what ever you have to!

Sorry, wish I could offer more info but I honestly don't know. Hope you find some answers soon though.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:08 AM   #3
    dee088
    Veteran
    (female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User
    Re: I'm 17. Do I have it?

Hello Rebelvick05, I say fblvr is right about seeing the dr. BUT you could indeed has rls. You have my symptoms all the way. I had it 15 years except is not every day or night. I take requip but this Friday I will ask for something else. Go get checked out, this condition is NO FUN!!! Be good, stay safe

Closed Thread