It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board

• Help... Is this RLS?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #1
    ImLaura
    (female)

ImLaura HB User
    Angry Help... Is this RLS?

So here's my situation, I'm 17 and I've been experiencing this for years now, it's becoming progressively more common and aggravating.
    Not every single night, however most of them once I become tired I get this awful tickling or tingling sensation down my left leg/foot. It's almost like a wave down my muscles I guess and there's nothing I can do to stop it. My thigh tenses up and sometimes my leg will shift next it'll move into my calf and ultimately into the arch of my foot making my toes curl and it's beyond the point of annoying and uncomfortable. The cramping and tenseness does not always happen, but the sensation in my left foot is inevitable. I often find myself pressing my other foot into the arch of my left foot or moving around a lot, which gets very frustrating when trying to relax or when out at the movies or what have you. It's never in the right, always the left and once and a while, the feeling is accompanied by a weird sensation deep within the outside of my left elbow, like it's being poked inside the joint or something. This all makes it nearly impossible to find any peace or the ability to sleep and I have yet to find any sort of cure or prevention. Someone help me escape this madness. What is going on!
    - Sleepless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #2
    Carolantsy
    (female)

Carolantsy HB User
    Unhappy Re: Help... Is this RLS?

I had this also. Still do. Mine is caused by pinched nerves from degenerative disc disease. So the doctors say. "Shrugs".I had spinal fusion two years ago in my lumbar . I take gabapentin for it and it helps a little. But mine is occurring during the day also.I can't hold my foot on the gas pedal and must use cruise control. I also get these awful cramps in my feet and calves and it makes my toes do weird contortions. Sometimes its just a sudden jerking particularly right before I fall asleep. Just a thought that it could be your back.

Last edited by mod85; 04-18-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Old 05-17-2014, 04:14 PM   #3
    theedeadmau5
    (male)

theedeadmau5 HB User
    Re: Help... Is this RLS?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ImLaura View Post
    So here's my situation, I'm 17 and I've been experiencing this for years now, it's becoming progressively more common and aggravating.
    Not every single night, however most of them once I become tired I get this awful tickling or tingling sensation down my left leg/foot. It's almost like a wave down my muscles I guess and there's nothing I can do to stop it. My thigh tenses up and sometimes my leg will shift next it'll move into my calf and ultimately into the arch of my foot making my toes curl and it's beyond the point of annoying and uncomfortable. The cramping and tenseness does not always happen, but the sensation in my left foot is inevitable. I often find myself pressing my other foot into the arch of my left foot or moving around a lot, which gets very frustrating when trying to relax or when out at the movies or what have you. It's never in the right, always the left and once and a while, the feeling is accompanied by a weird sensation deep within the outside of my left elbow, like it's being poked inside the joint or something. This all makes it nearly impossible to find any peace or the ability to sleep and I have yet to find any sort of cure or prevention. Someone help me escape this madness. What is going on!
    - Sleepless
    this doesn't sound like RLS. RLS usually doesn't affect someone your age and will 99.9% of the time be in both legs. albeit RLS is a neurological disorder, which from the sound of it is the type of problem you are having, it honestly doesn't fit with RLS. you should go see a neurologist when you can, meds like gabapentin and lyrica will probably help your situation.

Closed Thread

Tags
    elbow, feet, help asap, leg, rls