It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board

• 23 and shaking.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-30-2014, 02:19 AM   #1
    Watsup7337
    (female)

Watsup7337 HB User
    Smile 23 and shaking.

Hi my names felicia and I have what I believe to be RLS. Although it's never been diagnosed I'm sure you will all agree when I tell you my symptoms. For the most part at night I'll be laying in bed and my leg gets this overwhelming feeling to move and after 4 years of dealing with this I know that fighting it will only make it worse. For the most part it is my upper left thigh that will just start to shake from anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. I've only had twice in my life where it's affected my legs and arms.

My problem is though that it happens maybe twice a month sometimes and then other times twice a week so I don't find it necessary to get medication. When it first started happening it was 3-5 times a week so some doctors did tests and couldn't find anything wrong so they gave me muscle relaxants for when it does twitch. Reading more up on this I'm afraid it's only going to get worse with time and was wondering if anyone has helpful hints for how to deal with it at this stage.

Like right now they feel tense and could shake right now if I let them but it just is so tiring and I have to be up for work in 6 hours.

Also does anyone ever feel them coming on when standing up and just put them off until you get home. Like yesterday I was sitting and also standing at work doing some closing paperwork at my grocery store I work at when my legs started tensing up and I knew they wanted to shake but I steadied them for about two hours then when I got home I let them shake for a bit then took some muscle relaxants.

Sorry if this is a lot but I've never been able to share with people that know what I'm going through!
    Thanks!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    muscle aches, muscle spams, rls, shaking feeling, tired