It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board

• Has anyone tried ivermectin cream 1% (Soolantra) for rosacea?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-01-2015, 07:48 PM   #1
    roxcyn
    Veteran
    (male)

roxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB User
    Has anyone tried ivermectin cream 1% (Soolantra) for rosacea?

Hi! I hope everyone is doing wonderful. So a little bit about my treatment that I currently do. I use Cetaphil cleanser and lotion (I usually get the generic versions), use Prosacea gel and metro gel 1%. I have notice that I don't get as red as I used to, and the extreme itchy skin, flaky skin and the point that the skin would bleed has all gone away. I am pretty much happy with my current treatment.

However, I recently saw that invermectin cream was approved for rosacea. I was wondering if anyone on here used it for that purpose. Could you tell me if you thought it was better than metro gel 1%? I haven't done a lot of research on the cream, would you say it's similar to metro gel 1% (the same consistency and such)? Did you notice if it was a cheaper than metro gel? I know some people on here said metro gel 1% gave them some side effects--I'm happy to report I haven't had any so far.

I had another question for you guys if you're currently using metro gel 1%. The dermatologist claims that I should be going through one tube (60g) in one month! I'm using the metro gel 1% once a day (usually at night) and one tube lasted 3 months! I did mention to him I couldn't believe that the medicine lasted so long. If you're using ivermectin or metro gel 1%, how long does the medicine last you? The instructions for metro gel 1% says apply a thin layer so I don't cake it on. I think someone would really have to use the medicine two to three times a day to go through the tube in one month!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply