It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board

• Does b5 cause acne rosacea?????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-30-2002, 01:06 PM   #1
    Unregistered

Does b5 cause acne rosacea?????

when i was 17 i had moderate acne but it cleared up totally after i was put on accutane at the age of 19. Im now 21 and last summer i used a greasy sunblock and i broke out in spots badly.

after reading a number of posts on this board i decided to take 6-8g of B5. i was on it for 4 months and most of my skin had cleared up. However i have had blemishes and red marks for at least 3 months and they still havent cleared up! which is not normal for me.

ive also noticed that after i broke out last summer i flushed very badly. It started around the time i took B5. it turns out i have mild acne rosacea which could get worse if i dont treat it. No wonder my red marks and blemishes havent healed! I usually flush or blush across my cheeks......and my blemishes get even redder. this only occurs if im nervous, excitied, under alot of stress or even the heat.

im really shocked as acne rosacea attacks people who r in the 30's, 40's, or 50's. it also appears to affect people who r fair (peach or creamy complexions). But im only 21 and im asian with light brown skin!!

Does any1 have acne rosacea? Im lucky to get treatment immediately as its difficult to recognise rosacea during the early stages of its development.<p>[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 03-30-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2002, 08:49 PM   #2
    Galen

Galen HB User
    Re: Does b5 cause acne rosacea?????

Actually, if anything, the excessive flushing would be a side effect of a retinoid like Accutane, except it is usually associated with the topical Retin-A.

B5 does not cause acne rosacea. However, I've recieved reports that it may actually help control it.<p>[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 03-30-2002).]

Closed Thread