HealthBoards (
-   Rosacea (
-   -   Make-up for Rosacea? (

babygurl 05-30-2003 11:15 AM

Make-up for Rosacea?
I am 28 and was diagnosed with Rosacea 3 years ago. I am quite embarrased by my red face and was wondering if there is any make-up out there that will cover up the redness without irritating it more?

Flytothesky 05-31-2003 11:26 PM

I have some great solutions for you.

Physicians Formula now makes two great pressed-powders
that come in green. They are inexpensive.

The first one is a very pale mint green for sensitive
skin. It costs about $11.98.

The other one is a little darker green - like a painter's palette of differing shades of green.
This costs about $12.98.

Both products are very good. They are made in
Italy, and I think they are very good quality.
You should be able to get it at a local drug store.

After experimenting with both of these compacts, I
think I prefer the light green.

Buy a fully fluffy make-up brush, maybe at a
Sephora store. This is the best way to apply this.

Once you put on the green, you may want to lightly
go over it with your regular pressed powder.

Carry the green with you all day long for touch-ups.
I am very pleased with these products.

Come back and post after you have found it and tried

babygurl 06-02-2003 10:49 PM

Thanks Fly! I am going to try to find that powder tomorrow. All I have been able to find so far is a stick by netrogena and it does cover alittle but I have to put it basically all over my face and I am alittle scared that the green will show more than the redness. As soon as I find the powder and try it I will let you know how it works. Thanks Again!

Selby 06-10-2003 03:39 PM

Fly, would you know if this make-up is available in Canada?

mascara mess 06-11-2003 06:19 AM

i use Bare Minerals foundation. It's a powder foundation you brush on. It covers my occasional acne well, so it will more than likely cover your rosacea.
My mom has this makeup that covers -anything-. i think it was first made for people who had been in car accidents and such, you know with serious disfigurements and bad skin discoloration. Arrh! But what's the name of it? Dammit, i should know this! It paints on like spackel....the name skin or pure skin or something....oh well, try the Bare Minerals anyway.

babygurl 06-13-2003 10:21 PM

hi! tried the physicians formula cover up and powder and love it. it is alot smoother and covers alot better than the neutrogena stick. it covers really good and isnt messy like i thought it would be. thanks fly.

Missy25 06-14-2003 12:45 AM

Babygurl, what cleanser you you for your rosacea?

babygurl 06-14-2003 01:23 PM

Missy, I just use plain old water most of the time. Every now and again I will use the daily facials. About once or twice a week. My face is so sensitive the doc advised me not to use anything because it only irritates my face. I have tried just about everything and it only makes my face more red and some even break me out.

Flytothesky 06-15-2003 04:45 PM

This is for Selby in British Columbia.

I was trying to find out if Physicians Formula
is sold in Canada. In the US, their products
are sold at any basic drugstore, such as Target,
Walgreens, Longs.

If you can't find them in a store, it looks like
Walgreens on-line sells them.

The products to look for are:
Physicians Formula Skinsitive Ultra-Green Face Powder.
It is a very soft green.

Also, look for Powder Palette, Multi-colored
corrector, Green.

If you put "physician formula green" in Walgreens
on-line, these two products will pop up. I
think they are number 6 and 9.

Buy a fluffy makeup brush so you can "dust" these
products on your face.

Again, good luck to all.

britrose 06-16-2003 08:20 PM

What if your skin is very sensitive and very dry?
I cant use powder on my face so the creamier the makeup the better?
Also, has anyone had the laser treatment done on their face to get rid of broken blood vessels?

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:55 PM.