It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board

• Is rosacea ever itchy?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-26-2014, 12:11 PM   #1
    lacey1
    (female)

lacey1 HB User
    Is rosacea ever itchy?

My doctor has told me I have rosacea and I agree with her, the burning sensation, the flushed cheeks, sensitive to heat, etc. She also said acne like spots can appear. On top of that I also have acne regardless. My face always looks irritated, even if the redness has calmed.

But over the past week my face is crazy itchy and my skin seems more red and scaly. It's very flaky. There are often blemishes everywhere. Often my forehead is itchy now, as well as random spots on my face like beside my right ear on face and my chin or between my eyebrows. I am wondering if this itchiness is rosacea or if making I am also suffering from something additional, like some form of dermatitis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2015, 07:38 PM   #2
    roxcyn
    Veteran
    (male)

roxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB User
    Re: Is rosacea ever itchy?

Hello! Yes, it definitely can be. Check out "Rosacea Your Self-Help Guide" by Arlen Brownstein and Donna Shoemaker. You really learn a lot about it. Were you given any treatment option(s)?

Every person is unique (you'll learn that from the book), so the items I am recommending may not work (or they may work for you, I hope so). Prosacea Gel - it got rid of the redness, stinging burning and itching. Also, my dermatologist has me on metro gel 1% once a day. I use Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, their lotion and CeraVe PM along with limiting alcohol, stress, and caffeine. Also use sunscreen if you go out. You'll learn from the book that the condition is related to inflammation so if you change your diet it could reduce your flare ups.

Reply Reply