It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board

• Rosea on my nose

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #1
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
    Rosea on my nose

Rosacea attacked my nose big time causing large painful red bumps. Only relief was to lance the bumps and allow the blood buildup to drain. (I used a new lancet like I use for testing blood sugar).

Also used the Rosacea wash prescribed by dermatologist and applied Avar-E. Attack continued for 2 months until I decided to give something a try.

For a week I have been washing face with Hibiclens Antiseptic/Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser Liquid morning and night. I leave this on for a few minutes before rinsing off and allow to air dry.

Next I apply Afrin Nasal Spray (Original in squirt bottle, not the pump) and let it air dry on cheeks and nose. There is a tiny tingle feeling. Do not rinse off. (Wet fingers with Afrin then apply to nose, do not spray...could get into the eyes).

Next I applied the Avar-e Cream.

It is amazing in the improvement, no more large painful bumps (not normal skin color yet). The inflammed road map on cheeks have reduced in size and brightness.

Since Afrin shrinks nasal passages, I decided to see if it would shrink the inflammed red lines on my face and reduce the bumps. It is working.

Hope this will be of help for others. How long it is going to work is yet to be seen. I will enjoy the relief for now.

Remember Rosacea has no respect for age, even us oldies still battle the problem.

Misty800

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #2
    finnchloe
    (female)

finnchloe HB User
    Re: Rosea attack on my nose.....and what I am doing for it

I, too, suffer from rosacea -- This is my first post so I
    am not sure if this is the correct format for asking a question --
    What is "avar E"?
    Thanks!

Old 02-04-2015, 12:14 PM   #3
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
    re: Rosea on my nose

Sorry, I have not been back to the forum for a while.

Avar-e is a prescription topical cream used for Rosacea:

each gram of AVARô-e Emollient Cream (sodium sulfacetamide 10% w/w and sulfur 5% w/w) contains 100 mg of sodium sulfacetamide and 50 mg of colloidal sulfur in an emollient cream vehicle containing: benzyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone, disodium EDTA, emulsifying wax, fragrance, glycerine, glyceryl stearate (and) PEG-100 stearate, isostearyl palmitate, nicotinamide, phenoxyethanol, purified water, sodium lactate, sodium thiosulfate and zinc oxide.

This is very expensive, having drug insurance will be a big help.

UPDATE: AVAR-E STOPPED WORKING FOR ME. I NOW USE THE HIBICLENS CLEANSER ONLY AND MY FACE IS IN GREAT SHAPE AT PRESENT TIME.

Definitely do not get Hibiclens in the eyes. I use a wet squeezed out washcloth to wipe cleanser off of face being extra careful no water gets in my eyes.

Closed Thread