HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Sarcoidosis (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/sarcoidosis/)
-   -   Sarcoidosis? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/sarcoidosis/983834-sarcoidosis.html)

sh85 06-20-2014 08:05 AM

Sarcoidosis?

Just had a liver biopsy done and the results came back with "non caseating epithelioid granulomas", indicating possible sarcoidosis. first i've heard of it, doc was actually checking for non alcoholic steatohepatitis. now he has scheduled me for a chest x-ray, blood test and opthamologist. can anyone give me a first hand account of this disorder?

hawks066 09-06-2014 03:21 PM

Re: Sarcoidosis?

[QUOTE=sh85;5298857]Just had a liver biopsy done and the results came back with "non caseating epithelioid granulomas", indicating possible sarcoidosis. first i've heard of it, doc was actually checking for non alcoholic steatohepatitis. now he has scheduled me for a chest x-ray, blood test and opthamologist. can anyone give me a first hand account of this disorder?[/QUOTE]

Hi Sh85,

I used to use these boards back in the early 2000's for a terrible herniated disk problem I was having in my lower back.

I now find myself here again because I'm having some shortness of breath and heart palpatations. I was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis back around 2010. At that time, I had swollen ankles, painful joints - could barely walk due to ankles and feet hurting, night sweats, sweats during the day - fever, and shortness of breath. The chest xray should tell a pretty good story for you but a Mediastinoscopy was what nailed my sarcoid dianosis. Lucky for me is that I never needed medications and within 6 months, the symptoms disappeared.

I might be jumping the gun here, but it feels that I have some symptoms back along with the heart stuff I have been feeling as of late. Time to go back tot he DR I guess.

Unfortunately, this disease has a lot still unknown about it four years later. The main treatment, if needed, is steroids. I hope you don't need them and that the disease just burns itself away. That happens most of the time.

Take Care,

Jesse

IrishAD 12-01-2014 12:23 PM

Re: Sarcoidosis?

[QUOTE=sh85;5298857]Just had a liver biopsy done and the results came back with "non caseating epithelioid granulomas", indicating possible sarcoidosis. first i've heard of it, doc was actually checking for non alcoholic steatohepatitis. now he has scheduled me for a chest x-ray, blood test and opthamologist. can anyone give me a first hand account of this disorder?[/QUOTE]

Hi there! Just curious to see how you are doing? Do you have sarcoid anywhere else? I have nuero sarcoid, at it was affecting my eyes and brain. Im doing pretty good now, I am on just 5mg of prend now (18 months later) and 100mg of imuran. Although my last blood worked showed my inflammation markers were getting high, I am trying not to go up too much on the pred, I was at 2.5mg, now Im at 5. I had ankle surgery just before I got sick, and not that Im so low on the pred, my ankle is killing me. I think the pred was masking my ankle pain, so now I have to deal with that. Hope all is well with you!