It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board

• Brexpiprazole

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #1
    aveas
    (male)

aveas HB User
    Brexpiprazole

Is anyone here on Rexulti (Brexpiprazole)? If so, how does it effect you? Are you experiencing side effects? Does it improve your positive symptoms? I'm thinking about switching to this medication. My psychiatrist said that the newer the antipsychotic, the less side effects one experiences.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2018, 12:20 PM   #2
    aveas
    (male)

aveas HB User
    Re: Brexpiprazole

I'll be starting this drug soon. So I will find out how it effects me and how I feel, etc.

Last edited by aveas; 03-12-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:44 PM   #3
    aveas
    (male)

aveas HB User

Well, I just took a 1 mg pill of Rexulti. I feel better already. I know it sounds risible, but it's de facto nonetheless. Many people will say it takes weeks or even months to feel the effects of the medication, but I feel them already. This is great. I'm finally on an antipsychotic that works for me. I'm also on Zyprexa Zydis 30mg/day. It's a thienobenzodiazepine, so I suppose it has similar effects to those of benzodiazepines. This may be the reason why it's the best antipsychotic for anxiety. Or maybe not. I'm not an expert. I'll keep posting just in case I experience any adverse effects. I know convulsions are possible while on this drug. But the same could be said for aspirin. Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:02 PM   #4
    aveas
    (male)

aveas HB User

Well, apparently I spoke too soon. I feel paranoid as hell right now. I don't want to go into details, because it doesn't feel right. But right now I feel paranoid as hell. This fricking sucks.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:17 PM   #5
    aveas
    (male)

aveas HB User

I haven't been feeling so great, lately. I'm still paranoid, and delusional now. I think I may need to increase the dosage. I went from 3 mg of Invega per day to 1 mg of Rexulti per day. The Zyprexa Zydis dosage has been consistent for the past 6+ months. So that is not what the changes have been due to. This feels ridiculous. Why am I writing about this?

Old 08-15-2019, 04:56 PM   #6
    Finlanser
    (male)

Finlanser HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aveas View Post
    I haven't been feeling so great, lately. I'm still paranoid, and delusional now. I think I may need to increase the dosage. I went from 3 mg of Invega per day to 1 mg of Rexulti per day. The Zyprexa Zydis dosage has been consistent for the past 6+ months. So that is not what the changes have been due to. This feels ridiculous. Why am I writing about this?
    Greetings! I have been taking Rexulti for about 4-5 months and when I started at .5 mg, then 1 mg I was extremely dissapointed! But after my Psychiatrist raised it to 2 mg / day I started to come around by becoming more social and having more motivation in my day. I suffer from Schizophrenia, and Major Depression which Rexulti seems to be perfect for. Mind you I am also on another antidepressant called Anafranil for OCD and I feel it is the combination that has given me a different outlook on life everyday. Take care and I hope you feel much better!

Reply Reply

« Paranoia | - »