It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board

• Schizophrenia And Religion

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-02-2004, 08:11 PM   #1
    Brunoo

Brunoo HB User
    Question Schizophrenia And Religion

Was wondering if it is common to audibly hear "God" (if schizophrenic) and how religion plays a part? For example, one prophet, Benjamin Baruch ministeries, claims to hear God audibly. God argues with him, yells at him, and even complains to Baruch. This is not a theological debate, but rather an interesting subject about schizophrenia and religion being entwined. Does religion play a large part in what the schizophrenic hears or believes?

Don

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2004, 07:22 AM   #2
    Bothrops
    Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User
    Re: Schizophrenia And Religion

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brunoo
    Was wondering if it is common to audibly hear "God" (if schizophrenic) and how religion plays a part? For example, one prophet, Benjamin Baruch ministeries, claims to hear God audibly. God argues with him, yells at him, and even complains to Baruch. This is not a theological debate, but rather an interesting subject about schizophrenia and religion being entwined. Does religion play a large part in what the schizophrenic hears or believes?

Don
    Hey Don, interesting question. I dont know if it plays a part but it sounds like a dangerous combonation. I hope I am not offending anyone but after all I have seen it seems that someone who suffers with schizophrenia is better off and a lot safer to be atheist. I doubt such a person exsist.

What is schizophrenia anyway, it is hearing, seeing and beleiving in things that do not exsist. Why add to problem with something as POWERFULL as God or Saten when no one can even prove that they exsist.

I hope this post does not turn it into a theological debate but probally will. I will not try to prove my point, I should not have to these people are in the news everyday.

My brother is schizophrenic and the only time he really worries me is when he starts talking religion. I think God makes him stronger in a negitive way.

Old 06-03-2004, 07:42 AM   #3
    Brunoo

Brunoo HB User

You know, as scarry as it sounds, I think you hit it on the nail. The schizophrenic that thinks they are hearing audibly from God is probably feeling that much more pressure to do what those voices in his head are telling him. I have heard so much about people who have killed their entire families because of these voices. WHen they think it is God that is audibly talking to them, this gives them the "reassurance" that it is okay. This is very scarry indeed.

I'm really sorry to hear about your brother. I had a friend that was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and he was also manic depressive. He kept hearing God telling him to prophesy his messages and he went out and got a tattoo of Jesus on his arm.

The reason I posed this question is that time and time again, I hear people say they hear audibly from God. My first impression is that they are schizophrenic (because they hear audibly from God) but if they were to (the schizophrenic) say that they BELIEVED IN GOD and trusted in him, (without all that hocus pocus about God talking out loud) than I think it is safe to assume all is well. Again, this is not a theological debate, but a question posed to better our understanding of schizophrenia. Any ideas on schizophrenia being genetic? For example, if a parent had it, what's the chances of a child getting it?

Old 06-03-2004, 07:42 PM   #4
    Bothrops
    Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User

Hey Don,
    Good point. I think there is a fine line between religious and crazy. There are so many people that label schizophrenia and anxiety disorders as being crazy. If you ask me people like, for example big CEO's, have a mentle illness too. I mean are they ever satisfied. I know they work hard for all they have but so do those under them. It seems to me that we are all busting are butts to make these people rich. What I am trying to say is in a way we are a little crazy. The one thing I have noticed about my brother is his obsessions and jealousy. He is very jealous about what others have and what he does not.

I am skeptical about scizophrenia being inherited. In my family i have an aunt and a brother that are. That is it. My aunt, mother and all there siblings grew up with an abusive father who died young. There mother died soon after. The aunt I speak of was the youngest. She got into nursing and soon after was abusing drugs. Not until after the heavy drug use was she labled schizophrenic. My brother was into drugs heavy including LSD. He ran away from home and was arrested for armed robery. He spent 3 years in prison. I should remind you that we were raised upper middle class. Prison is not a good place for someone like my brother. He became schizophrenic while there. Dont get me wrong he deserved a three year sentence.

Sometimes when I am with my kids I see something that reminds me of my brother and it scares the **** out of me. The other day my boy was chasing the cat around the house. I could not help but think of my brother, he was doing that in his twenties before I left home. Sometimes I have to remember that all kids do those sort of things. It still worries me.

Derek

Old 06-05-2004, 07:30 AM   #5
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

There is no scientific evidence to support that schizophrenia is inherited.

So being religious is being crazy because human beings aren't supposed to believe, feel, or experience anything that is not arrived at through the scientific method? lol (there goes schizophrenia, then)

Psychiatry directly attacks religion and faith. Psychiatry killed off thousands of priests and clergy before and during the "holocaust". Psychiatry started and kept the holocaust going with their disgusting ideas and beliefs (such as what is proposed here in this post that religion is insanity).

Psychiatry was responsible for developing the idea of mass sterilization and mass murder, from the first extermination centers to the gas chambers and crematoriums. Psychiatry systematically murdered 100,000 or more "patients", including religious people, as a prelude to Hitler's extermination program. Psychiatry carried out the first wide-scale murder of the Jews and then trained the SS killers who later took over the task from them. In 1937 the Third Reich embarked upon a "cleansing" of the churches and charitable establishments. It was two psychiatric books, along with leading psychiatric literature, that inspired Hitler's "Mein Kamf". They were "the Destruction of Life Devoid of Value (1920) by Hoche and Binding and "The Principles of Human Heredity and Racial Hygiene (1921)" by Bauer, Fischer and Lenz. In 1941, Fredric Wertham, M.D. reported that the Hadamar psychiatric institution "celebrated the cremation of the ten thousandth mental patient in a special ceremony. Psychiatrists, nurses, attendants, and secretaries all participated. Everybody received a bottle of beer for the occasion.”

(whose beliefs are more dangerous..psychiatry's or the "schizophrenics"?)

The majority of human beings have some kind of faith, spirituality, or belief in something that cannot be "proven" scientifically. It is not a "brain disease" and it does not mean you are "crazy".

Just because a person thinks they hear God does not mean they hear God but people can hear God. Moses heard God. I don't think a person should be locked up, forced to take drugs unless they commit a crime (and no not if they "might" commit a crime) and I don't think people should be prevented from going to jail because they heard God tell them to commit a crime and they did. The "insanity" defense is obnoxious.

Psychiatry is a modern day witchhunt.

Last edited by prometheus; 06-05-2004 at 08:09 AM.

Old 06-05-2004, 09:42 AM   #6
    Bothrops
    Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prometheus
    There is no scientific evidence to support that schizophrenia is inherited.

So being religious is being crazy because human beings aren't supposed to believe, feel, or experience anything that is not arrived at through the scientific method? lol (there goes schizophrenia, then)

Psychiatry directly attacks religion and faith. Psychiatry killed off thousands of priests and clergy before and during the "holocaust". Psychiatry started and kept the holocaust going with their disgusting ideas and beliefs (such as what is proposed here in this post that religion is insanity).

Psychiatry was responsible for developing the idea of mass sterilization and mass murder, from the first extermination centers to the gas chambers and crematoriums. Psychiatry systematically murdered 100,000 or more "patients", including religious people, as a prelude to Hitler's extermination program. Psychiatry carried out the first wide-scale murder of the Jews and then trained the SS killers who later took over the task from them. In 1937 the Third Reich embarked upon a "cleansing" of the churches and charitable establishments. It was two psychiatric books, along with leading psychiatric literature, that inspired Hitler's "Mein Kamf". They were "the Destruction of Life Devoid of Value (1920) by Hoche and Binding and "The Principles of Human Heredity and Racial Hygiene (1921)" by Bauer, Fischer and Lenz. In 1941, Fredric Wertham, M.D. reported that the Hadamar psychiatric institution "celebrated the cremation of the ten thousandth mental patient in a special ceremony. Psychiatrists, nurses, attendants, and secretaries all participated. Everybody received a bottle of beer for the occasion.”

(whose beliefs are more dangerous..psychiatry's or the "schizophrenics"?)

The majority of human beings have some kind of faith, spirituality, or belief in something that cannot be "proven" scientifically. It is not a "brain disease" and it does not mean you are "crazy".

Just because a person thinks they hear God does not mean they hear God but people can hear God. Moses heard God. I don't think a person should be locked up, forced to take drugs unless they commit a crime (and no not if they "might" commit a crime) and I don't think people should be prevented from going to jail because they heard God tell them to commit a crime and they did. The "insanity" defense is obnoxious.

Psychiatry is a modern day witchhunt.
    Hey prometheus, I did not say religion was insanity I said "there is a fine line between religion and crazy" I am talking fanaticle religious.

I watch shows on WW2 every now and again and never have I seen anything stating that the third reich was a group of psychiatrist. They were a group of hatefull people led by someone even more hatefull who had a personal vendetta for the jewish people. To me the most insane thing to do is take a life, period. I say this because your post is insinuating that i am a nazi. In the past psychiatry was much more dangerous than scizoprhenia but today I believe it is the other way around, at least in the U.S. Other than that I agree with you.

Derek

Old 06-06-2004, 09:01 AM   #7
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

I'm not insinuating you are a nazi, Derek. Trust me on that.

If you watch WW2 films you might be interested to know this. Psychiatry has been a eugenics program since the 1900's. Their ideas, desires, and goals have not changed in 100 years. You can see this by reading literature from leading psychiatrists. I will show you this. In America they target blacks, the poor, children with educational or reading problems, women, and the elderly.

Psychiatry spawned Hitler. Psychiatry started the holocaust by killing what is estimated to be 375,000 mental patients. This included priests, religious people, spiritual people of faith, women, children, the mentally retarded, and everyday normal people who happened to go to psychiatry for help beforehand (Psychiatrists called these people "vagrants, alcoholics, work dodgers, welfare recipients, and feeble-minded women”). They came up with the idea of mass killing and sterilization. They developed the crematoriums, the gas chambers, and "Scientific diets" (starvation). It was their ideas that spawned and guided Hitler.

Fredric Wertham, M.D. reported the following:

"The tragedy is that the psychiatrists did not have to have an order. They acted on their own. They were not carrying out a death sentence pronounced by somebody else. They were the legislators who laid down the rules for deciding who was to die; they were the administrators who worked out the procedures, provided the patients and the places, and decided the methods of killing; they pronounced a sentence of life or death in each individual case; they were the executioners who carried the sentences out or -- without being coerced to do so -- surrendered their patients to be killed in other institutions; they supervised and often watched the slow deaths..."

Adolf Hitler read psychiatric books and literature. He read "the Destruction of Life Devoid of Value (1920) by psychiatrist Hoche and Binding and "The Principles of Human Heredity and Racial Hygiene (1921)" by psychiatrist Bauer, Fischer and Lenz. Hitler's "Mein Kampf" is virtually identical in text to these books.

The Third Reich was a group of psychiatrists, Derek. Its chief architect was psychiatrist Ernst Rudin, who came up with the idea of inherited schizophrenia in American Psychiatry. He was appointed by Hitler to lead Germany’s Racial Purity program and to serve on the Task Force of Hereditary Experts headed by Nazi SS officer Heinrich Himmler. He became Chief Architect and leader of the Third Reich. when Hitler took power. On his sixty-fifth birthday Hitler's minister of the interior, Wilhelm Frick, called him "the indefatigable champion of racial hygiene and meritorious pioneer of the racial-hygiene measures of the Third Reich."

Psychiatrist Alfred Ploetz demanded the “extirpation of the inferior elements of the population” and those of “Jewish and Slavic blood.”

Rudin wrote and gave “scientific” interpretations to the Nazi Sterilization Laws. During this time it was Rudin who influenced Hitler and not Hitler who influenced Rudin.

This is what Rudin had to say about Adolf Hitler: "through the political works of Adolph Hitler and it was only through him that our dream of more than thirty years has become a reality and the principles of racial hygiene have been translated into action.” . (Dr. Thomas Roder, Volker Kubillus, Anthony Burwell, Psychiatrists: The Men Behind Hitler, 1995, p.94)

A lot is known about how the Holocaust affected the Jewish people, but little is known about the Catholic priests who joined them in the concentration camps. These priests would not question their faith. They would not put Hilter before God and were deemed mentally and socially "unfit". Hitler, under the guide of Psychiatry, planned to abolish the Protestant, Catholic, Islamic, Hindu and Buddhist faiths.

Last edited by prometheus; 06-06-2004 at 09:23 AM.

Old 06-09-2004, 03:23 PM   #8
    apinecone

apinecone HB User

Go get'em! They've got a lot to be accountable for!

Old 06-11-2004, 01:56 AM   #9
    Peter27
    Inactive

Peter27 HB User
    Smile Re: Schizophrenia And Religion

religion is based upon fear ,fear of the mysterious ,fear of death.religion is a
    disease born of fear .Religion equals racism,sexism,self hatred,exploitation,slavery,war and so on .I do feel very sorry for people
    who think they can talk to god and I wish that they could see the truth that
    there is no god , it's impossible to hear someone that is not there .
    Religion is the biggest tragedy of human kind .

Peter

Pink elephant bless all

Old 06-11-2004, 06:26 AM   #10
    apinecone

apinecone HB User

I think that chronic distortion of perception is a behavioral indicator of what in current psychiatry is considered to be psychosis, which reflects or at least "mimics" a characteristic underlying biochemical distortion or disorder associated with the schizo...bipolar spectrum.
    Making total generalizations from exaggerated perceptions at least begs the question of whether the line bothrops referred to has been crossed.
    In today's society this is tolerated if not popular at mass media levels, ie the more controversial commentators, evangelists, etc. If I'd have put a sarcastic icon after my remark, would you have thought "oh, he's really just being sarcastic and so isn't serious"? And when I didn't did you think that I did? Well, LOL, just a can be such a fine line! Wow. Pretty thin, this line!
    If a scary issue is involved, mass hysteria can result, and a whole bunch of bad things can result, eg the Holocaust. Which is hardly a fine line but might depend on one at an individual, psychological level.
    So I appreciate the point about 'eugenics' run amok but also appreciate the point about NOT having an objective basis run amok. A sure-cure for the schizo...bipolar disorders would be a huge benefit to humankind. It certainly ranks with the others that have been recently developed. And, while I'm at it, I'd like to put in a pitch, an individual vote for the continuation of stem-cell research and development to that end.

Old 06-11-2004, 04:47 PM   #11
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Quote:
    religion is based upon fear ,fear of the mysterious ,fear of death.religion is a
    disease born of fear .Religion equals racism,sexism,self hatred,exploitation,slavery,war and so on .I do feel very sorry for people
    who think they can talk to god and I wish that they could see the truth that
    there is no god , it's impossible to hear someone that is not there .
    Religion is the biggest tragedy of human kind .
    Hi Peter,

Interesting enough, Psychiatry promotes everything you oppose. Psychiatry believes in mysterious, and non existent things like "chemical imbalances" and "schizophrenia". Psychiatry promotes Self Hatred when they define the soul/psyche as biologically predetermined.

Sexism when they pathologize women. Sexism when they call women's emotions "Hysteria" and remove the uterus, female castration (because otherwise the uterus would move all around the body causing "hysteria"). Surgical female castration is still called a "hysterectomy". Electro Shock "therapy" and "psychosurgery" are twice as likely to be performed on female "patients" than male patients. Females are more likely to be diagnosed with a mental illness than males suffering the same "symptoms". Males are given the benefit of the doubt. Females are "ill" and suffering from a "disease" of the mind (which only well bred, intellectual white men can cure). Sexism when they call women "feeble minded".

Racism when they said blacks suffered from "negritude". Racism when they said blacks liked being slaves. Racism when they said a black person's personality and attitude is naturally submissive, that they needed to be taken care of, that they needed slavery, and that they would fall under "lunacy" if they had to take care of themselves. Racism when they said black slaves who ran away suffered from a disease called "drapetomania" the cure of which is to "whip the hell out of them" (to get the minerals in the blood flowing, of course). Racism when they came up with the "IQ" test, to determine the inferiority of blacks. Racism when they said minorities were "feeble minded" and had an "instinct" to be submissive to white men. Racism when, in 1992 they tried to find a "violence" gene among african americans. Racism when 18 newly born infants, of which 17 were black, were injected with radioactive plutonium. Also radioactive iodine was injected into hundreds of black poor pregnant women while receiving prenatal care at public health centers. Racism when The National Institutes of Health (a heavy financer of psychiatry) plans to drug 100,000 black children it labels as "genetically prone". Racism when only black inmates were experimented on with LSD in 1970, by psychiatry. Psychiatrists diagnose African American men in public and private mental hospitals as having schizophrenia at a rate of up to 1,500 percent higher than white men. African Americans are given significantly higher doses of psychiatric drugs, major tranquilizers, and neuroleptics than are whites.

Exploitation when psychiatric institutions hire head hunters to kidnap people simply because they have insurance. Exploitation when they pay psychiatrists to refer people who have insurance to their institutions. Exploitation when they usurp the judicial system, kidnap people against their will, hold people hostage, and force drugs and dangerous life threatening, mentally destructive (brain damaging) "treatments" on them before they even see a court room. Exploitation when they force expensive "treatments", such as ECT, that have never helped anyone, on people who have insurance simply because it is lucrative and it makes money. The elderly are frequent victims of this practice. Right now, there are 70 year old women and men in psychiatric institutions recieving electro shock therapy twice a week against their will. Exploitation when they send head hunters after the elderly simply because of medicare.

Slavery when leading psychiatrists such as Jose Delgado say that people who don't fit a certain "norm" should be "surgically mutilated" or when leading psychiatrists such as Pinkleton suggest that children with educational difficulties should undergo "some form of legalized **********."

Psychiatry gave Europe the Holocaust and World War...likely the darkest times humanity has faced.

Apinecone,

There is no cure for schizophrenia because it doesn't exist. It is a tenet of the religion called Psychiatry and it only exists in the minds of believers.

Last edited by prometheus; 06-11-2004 at 05:05 PM.

Old 06-11-2004, 06:24 PM   #12
    Bothrops
    Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User

Promethius, if schizophrenia does not exsist what is it that has made my brother so scared and paranoid of everything and everyone. It is an illness of some sort, that is for sure. The illness is in his head. What should we call it.
    The worst thing about scizophrenia is the one that has it thinks there way of thinking is right and everyone else is crazy. Like they are a stranger in a strange world. My brother has got an illness of some sort, call it what you want. While the rest of us go on with life he is stuck in his own lonely world away from society.

The topic we are discussing is on shizophrenia and religion. I do agree it was terrible what happened to the jews in WW2 and slavery was also terrible. I do believe today things are much better. We as a planet still have a lot to overcome before it is perfect. Everyone needs to do there part, not just the whites or blacks or asian.

One thing I should state is that my brother has gotten past the denial. He knows something is wrong and realizes he thinks way to much and analizes everything to the extent. For the scizophrenic that is a hell of a hurdle! He would not be at this point if it were not for modern medicine. In the begining he felt that the pills were poison.

What exactly are your views on scizophrenia and religion? have you been diagnosed with scizophrenia?

Old 06-12-2004, 01:03 PM   #13
    apinecone

apinecone HB User

[QUOTE=Bothrops]One thing I should state is that my brother has gotten past the denial. He knows something is wrong and realizes he thinks way to much and analizes everything to the extent. For the scizophrenic that is a hell of a hurdle! QUOTE]
    In a way it's unfortunate that people have to communicate by words like "schizophrenia", esp. when there's social stigma associated and a person is vulernable to escaping or on the very edge of being gone. To me, this reinforces my belief that it is so important to get an objective basis for 'whatever it is', as you say. That you 'accept' the notion that there is something that is causally related to his behavior and that it is somehow biophysically related, is the first step towards objectivity if such a thing can be obtained. I have to conclude that Prometheus is not there (since he just told me that) and that it's probably pointless to attempt to seriously engage this issue here. But I might respond if you continue. Best wishes to your brother! Hang in there with him as much as you can, but BTW know your limits.

Old 06-13-2004, 04:08 PM   #14
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Bothrops,

Quote:
    Promethius, if schizophrenia does not exsist what is it that has made my brother so scared and paranoid of everything and everyone.
    Schizophrenia exists the way Drapetomania exists. Get it. Yes, slaves run away. Yes, whipping them deters them from running away, but that doesn't mean slaves run away because their minerals aren't flowing and whipping gets stagnant minerals flowing again. Neuroleptics hinder the thought process. Neuroleptics damage the brain. Neuroleptics stopping undesirable behaviors or thoughts does not mean that there was a disease, or that dopamine was normalized.

Quote:
    It is an illness of some sort, that is for sure. The illness is in his head. What should we call it.
    When you have a cough, a symptom, and you go to the doctor, you don't expect to be diagnosed with "coughing disorder". Sometimes coughs can be caused by a cold, sometimes influenza, sometimes bronchitus, or something else entirely. Without knowing your brother, or what he has been through, I can't say. Sometimes people have beliefs that are different, irrational, or out of the ordinary. In fact, everyone does. Maybe you should deal with why your brother's beliefs bother you so much...so much so that you consider he has an illness. Work on dealing with it better, so that you can be there for him in a more supportive way.

Look, I can take you, a "normal" thinking, believing human being, and subject you to a few weeks of mental persuasion (torture) and have you come out, honestly believing that you are a cat, or something similarly absurd. People's beliefs are malleable and they are not based on what is and isn't "rational" to believe. Through selective experience you can change a person's beliefs. It's a dark art that psychiatrists aren't even good at, and not something that is necessary in most cases. Without knowing your brother I can't tell where his paranoia, his fear, his beliefs are coming from. I don't know if he has had a physical or mental trauma, or if he disassociated. I don't know if he has done drugs, such as marijuana. It goes like this:

Feelings--->thoughts----> beliefs

Sometimes people have beliefs to rationalize feelings that they have. It is best to look at these beliefs metaphorically. If someone believes they are being followed by the FBI, it is a metaphor for the way they are feeling, because that belief is used to rationalize a feeling that has no identifiable origin. These feelings can be a product of emotional trauma, repressed memory, inability to communicate with others when others have harmed them, and physical trauma: drugs, lack of minerals, vitamins, etc. Mineral deficiencies can have a profound affect on emotions, feelings, and beliefs.

Moreover you can't change or stop these types of beliefs through the rational mind. Which is why you can get frustrated with people who have these kinds of beliefs.

Quote:
    The worst thing about scizophrenia is the one that has it thinks there way of thinking is right and everyone else is crazy. Like they are a stranger in a strange world. My brother has got an illness of some sort, call it what you want.
    Everyone thinks they are right... some more than others.

You keep insisting he has an "illness". You keep insisting I am wrong...or rather you are right.

Quote:
    While the rest of us go on with life he is stuck in his own lonely world away from society.
    I am sure your subjective view of the world is not representative of reality. You do not have a disease. You are a human being.

Quote:
    The topic we are discussing is on shizophrenia and religion. I do agree it was terrible what happened to the jews in WW2 and slavery was also terrible.
    Look a bit closer and you will see the point of why I brought up the holocaust. You think it was terrible what happened to the jews but I wasn't focusing on the jews. Do you have a comment on what happened to the mental patients or does that not even bother you? These were normal people by today's standards. Are they somehow less than human because they are called mental patients? Psychiatry believes so. This was the definition of schizophrenia in 1930:

“the unsociable, cold-hearted, indecisive... bull-headed oafs, malicious tyrants, ***** cranks, overpedantic schemers... prudish ‘model children’... daydreamers ... emotional inadequacy ... sudden surges of temperament ... inappropriate motor response [to stimuli]... crankiness."

Which one is your brother?

Quote:
    I do believe today things are much better. We as a planet still have a lot to overcome before it is perfect. Everyone needs to do there part, not just the whites or blacks or asian.
    There are so many horrors in this world. You don't know. Has it gotten better? I can't say. The past, present, future..it is all the same. If you think there is not going to be another holocaust..you're mistaken. Yes, I agree. Everyone has a responsibility to recognize evil in their own hearts, and deal with it appropriately.

Quote:
    What exactly are your views on scizophrenia and religion? have you been diagnosed with scizophrenia?
    Psychiatry has pitted itself against religion since it became a eugenics program, atleast. The modern model, definition of the schizophrenic sets itself up nicely to include people who have had spiritual or religious experiences, or who have a religious or spiritual calling.

No I have not been diagnosed with schizophrenia. When I was younger I went to a psychologist for something that could have definitely gotten me a diagnosis of schizophrenia. I am very grateful for this person in my life. If I were diagnosed with schizophrenia, I wouldn't be who I am today.

Last edited by prometheus; 06-13-2004 at 04:51 PM.

Old 06-13-2004, 07:37 PM   #15
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

and you know Bothrop I don't mean to bring up anything in your family's life that may have affected your brother this way. It is important though to see where feelings of mistrust, betrayal, and unsafeness are coming from. We go through cycles in life, and feelings we get from experiences we have never really go away. They come back. Maybe this is your younger brother, and he was hit by your father at a young age. That would be significant.

Last edited by prometheus; 06-13-2004 at 07:38 PM.

Closed Thread