It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board

• Risperdal recovery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-31-2004, 08:57 AM   #1
    shellbee
    (female)

shellbee HB User
    Risperdal recovery

I have been ill on 800 mg seroquel and started on abilify 15 mg made me become ill. I have now been on risperdal 6 mg for three weeks. I am a whole lot better. I can concentrate to read books. I have no voices, dillusions, feel pretty normal EXCEPT that in social situations like in the evenings if I go out where there are a group of people I will start to get some of my old symptoms again and this makes me feel panic and want to get out of the situation.
    Has anyone been on risperdal how long does it take to have full effect. Anyone with similar problems.
    People who have been ill with schiz or schiz affective how long did it take to fully recover?
    I am ok during the day it is just in the evening. I take seroquel 200 in morn with 3 mg risperdal. 3 mg risperdal at 6pm and 600 seroquel at 10pm. Symptoms appear around between 6pm and 10pm. never get them during the day. weird. want to be 100% FREE of these symptoms and not get them in evening cos its dibilitating and distressing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2004, 03:45 AM   #2
    mudhound
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

mudhound HB User
    Re: Risperdal recovery

my wife is BP and did take that one. The med did not work well for her.
    She was still having issue with it along with some side effects.

Mudhound

Old 12-06-2004, 08:06 AM   #3
    2BNormal
    (male)

2BNormal HB User

shellbee,
    My son started at 4mg/day and after about a week, a noticable difference for the good! That was four months ago. To improve the effects of the tablets, his Dr. started him on Constra injections and for compliancy.
    He is currently taking 2 mg tablet/day in the evening, 10:00-10:30 PM with his Constra and until the Constra levels off with his 4th injection. Hopefully after his 4th treatment, he will stop taking the tablets. His injections are every two weeks. The time doesn't add up cuz we increased his dosage and it 4 treatments to see the difference.
    His Dr. said, Constra provides an even timed release in the body and will eliminate many of the ups-downs of the tablets and some of the side effects. The tablets work with in a 1-3 days when taken as prescribed.
    For me, I don't have to worry he's not taking the pills!

Old 12-15-2004, 01:22 PM   #4
    2BNormal
    (male)

2BNormal HB User

Well my son is scheduled to get his 4th Consta injection today, but called me today and said he wanted to wait until his body pain and rash go away. He wants the doctors to see and fix the problems and does not want the risperdol to mask the problems. Just another struggle.
    Anyone else taking this med and can share their experiences?

Closed Thread