It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board

• Do i have schizophrenia??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-04-2004, 09:55 AM   #1
    elenaroberts

elenaroberts HB User
    Question Do i have schizophrenia??

Hi im new to this board and need help.ive been diagnosied with OCD.ive got thoughts like thinking my mom and dad are aliens of something like that,and all the people are trying to fool me.they are robots always acting and they are perfect at doing this.And all the reason ive come to this world is that someone wants to see if im gonna believe all of this or not.i believe that if i believe people around me i might go to hell because this"someone powerful"will punish me.i think these thoughts make sense.anyways i act like normal people because i want them to be real,im trying to believe what i want to believe and fooling myself.but i still think im in the big danger of going to hell.please tell me if im schizoprenia if you have anything to tell me please dont hessitate.also i think i should tell you i have been having hallusinations and hearing voices too .but only when i wake up.thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2004, 10:07 AM   #2
    nicolas

nicolas HB User
    Re: Do i have schizophrenia??

It sounds like you are in a period of psychocis so regardless of what diagnosis might be applicable you need to get help. Don't wait around and let things get worse. Are you on any medications for psychocis? If not I would recommend that you write a list of your symptoms and show it to your doctor.

When I was sick I was also preoccupied with thoughts of hell. The only advice I can offer is to continualy remember that Jesus Christ came not to condemn the world but to save it. This means you and me: if we turn ourselves over to God Jesus will redeem us. It might seem strange, the trials that we go through, but if we keep turning toward God our suffering has meaning.

Old 11-04-2004, 10:23 AM   #3
    Trivial Rush

Trivial Rush HB User

Hi Iam new to this site as well. I think Nicholas is right about you being in a state of psychosis. Did you ever use any drugs, like street drugs? Because from experiance that can cause psychosis. Are you aware your thinking is unusual because if you are you can control them slightly. Do these thoughts prevent you from working or doing anything productive, because if you are still able to work or go to school then you shouldn't worry to much. Even if you were schizoprenic so what nobody is perfect and every person in the world has some sort of problem. I know its scary because Iam going through a similar situation right now but keep your head up high and try to ignore it as best as possible also try to distract your self when you start thinking weird.

Old 11-04-2004, 11:56 AM   #4
    Taurus80

Taurus80 HB User

I can relate with some of your thoughts...just see my post named "Help!Are these delusions?"...however, I'm very aware that my thoughts are crazy ones and I don't really believe them, I only fear them. If you believe these thoughts, then you're going into a psychotic phase...also hallucinations are a hallmark of psychosis, too, but they can halso happen in depression or if you took drugs.
    I've OCD too and OCD can make you think crazy thoughts about everything , so if you really believe the thoughts, it's probably psychosis because delusions are firmly (very firmly) held beliefs, if you are aware they're bizarre, it's probably OCD+depression.

Old 11-05-2004, 03:24 AM   #5
    elenaroberts

elenaroberts HB User

First of all thank you very much for your help!i definetely dont think my thoughts are weird .i think all the people around me are weird cause they can believe anything.i dont think the things i thought are DEFINETELY real.i think they could be real but its %60 possiblity.i told my doctor that i m not sure that people are trying to fool me.im not sure of anything.im confused.my doc says even if you believe your thoughts make sense,you can go to school and live an almost normal life,so youre not schizophrenic,its hard to say a person has schizophrenia.ive been taking meds for OCD for 2 years now.i still believe my thoughts but they dont effect me like they did before,but i still have obssesive thoughts especially when im solving maths problems i think theres something wrong with the way of solving but i cant know it.at least when my mum cooks meal for me i dont think it may be poisoned (like i did before) ,because i dont want to believe so it hurts a lot.

Old 11-05-2004, 04:46 AM   #6
    Taurus80

Taurus80 HB User

Elena, all OCD people analyze things, and they can become quite convinced that their fears are true; your uncertainty about the thoughts you have (60% as you say) make these thoughts typical OCD thoughts.
    You're right when you say that all people have weird thoughts and belief...just last week I've read some articles saying that the majority of people have delusions, both bizarre and non-bizarre; the only thing that isn't typical of OCD are your hallucinations, but again, I've read that teenagers may have hallucinations without being psychotic (don't know if you're a teen, but if you're, that would explain your hallucinations). Have you spoken with your doc about hallucinations? Have you had opinions on your situation from other docs?

Old 11-05-2004, 10:12 AM   #7
    elenaroberts

elenaroberts HB User

Yes like you say i believe my fears make sense.but i dont strongly believe what i dream of is real(like schizophrenics do)im 18 i havent seen any other doctors .my doc says my hallusinations are a part of my OCD.what is weird is i sometimes feel someone touch me or hold me after i wake up.i hear things sometimes half an hour later like laughing people and meaningless stuff like monster voices.

Old 11-05-2004, 10:17 AM   #8
    elenaroberts

elenaroberts HB User

But before fooling myself like i do now,i used to dream my family is aliens.when you dream it its just real to you and it scares.is that believing??i dont know how people believe things without a doubt

Old 11-05-2004, 10:52 AM   #9
    Taurus80

Taurus80 HB User

It's not necessarily schizophrenia...as one counselor said me, you can think whatever you want, remember that...you can think that your parents are aliens or that your cat is a dog or something else
    My OCD began to get scary when I found that, indeed, "you can think and obsess about everything"...of course, I thought about the things I feared the most, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem!
    Also, many OCDers believe their thoughts...schizophrenia isn't only about delusions, there are other symptoms to be considered.
    Regarding hallucinations, I didn't read that you experience them when you wake up...it's a good thing because some people have hallucinations (visual or auditory) when they go to sleep or when they wake up, it's a fairly common phenomena. Have you talked with your parents about your fears/beliefs/sensations?
    Hope I've been of help!

Taurus

Old 11-06-2004, 09:53 AM   #10
    elenaroberts

elenaroberts HB User

Well i didnt know that,thanks.But i always think i wish i had schizophrenia instead of OCD then i could have something to believe!!and be sure of somethings.thats much better than being afraid of possiblities all the time it drives you crazy!!!

Old 11-08-2004, 11:28 AM   #11
    Taurus80

Taurus80 HB User

Schizophrenia is a terrible, terriblw illness and you wouldn't really want to be schizophrenic...I'm not psychotic so I don't exactly know how does it feel (I'm only obsessive so I read symptoms on the net), but be glad that you have OCD instead of schizophrenia...

Taurus

Old 11-09-2004, 12:23 PM   #12
    elenaroberts

elenaroberts HB User

Im really sick and tired of the fear of bad things ,going to hell,im sick of the unknown!i wanna know somethings even if its bad,i wanna know something and schizophrenics do!they have delusions and things to believe.thats why im jealous of them.also then id have a chance of being crazy,so nobody would punish me cause i could be crazy!but now i dont even have the possiblity of being mad and its a big possiblity that someones gonna punish me!i wanna ask something also,there was a time i really believed things.one of them was when i believed my family was haunted somehow,i was really sure of this,i felt this.is there a possiblity of that it was a delusion???

Old 11-19-2004, 07:44 PM   #13
    rhinestone

rhinestone HB User

elenaroberts,

I had periods of psychosis just like that for years before I was hospitalized. The hallucinations would only come on while I was falling asleep or waking up (and there was this "vapory" feeling I would get at the same time, like the voices were coming through a hollow tube or through water)....do you want to see them get worse--I really urgently recommend you to see a doctor. Plus you said in another post you had ocd (right?...). Well, that's related. (I have some of that too). Insist on getting treated. Your doctor may say "well, that's normal as you are just waking up, to have those". It's not!

Sorry to be so ubrupt.

Last edited by rhinestone; 11-19-2004 at 07:50 PM.

Old 11-19-2004, 09:15 PM   #14
    rhinestone

rhinestone HB User

"Im really sick and tired of the fear of bad things ,going to hell,im sick of the unknown!i wanna know somethings even if its bad,i wanna know something and schizophrenics do!they have delusions and things to believe.thats why im jealous of them"

good grief..,.elenaroberts, there are worse things then I told of in my post...what was the worst nightmare you ever had? Imagine not being able to ever wake up and it just gets worse and worse. Then all your other nightmares move in to keep the first one company. You can't turn to anyone for help because you suspect them all...it's not like watching TV. How would you like to believe you'll be buried alive?

People can die of fear.

You say you're jealous; it's nothing. You are jealous of yourself as you will probably be in the future if you don't get help. And as for having schizophrenia, I'm not a doctor so I can't make a diagnosis, but in my humble opinion you already have it. You have the clinical signs that can be helped with antipsychotic drugs. You need them.

Last edited by rhinestone; 11-19-2004 at 09:17 PM.

Old 11-20-2004, 10:31 AM   #15
    elenaroberts

elenaroberts HB User

Hi rhinestone and thanks,i was just starting to believe my doctor ,he never believed me that i have schizophrenia do you know what he told me yesterday??it was pretty shoking he said you have hallusinations just because you have a strong imagination everybody like you can have hallusinations,its normal and he said to my mom and me,:ive never thought beste(my name) had real hallusinations she just has a different type of thinking and stuff like that.the pills he gives me dont help me so he changed the dose,if this doesnt help either he will change the medicine.they say theyre gonna change the way i think,i dont wanna change it and im scared.i have a question for you :Were you pretty sure youd be buried alive(must be terrible of course) or did you see a chance of escape?now all i know and see is the possiblities i suspect people like you and what i mean is i want to believe in something believing in a possiblity is like taking my brath away,it becomes like i cant breath and i hate this feeling,and i dont wanna be as stupid as the "normal"(they say) people are!!!i wanna have good delusions only give myself to god with no doubt!!!!

Closed Thread