It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board

• visual hallucinations

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-27-2005, 03:47 PM   #1
    a_person
    (male)

a_person HB User
    visual hallucinations

please can someone help

what are the usual visual hallucinations for schizophrenia

as in, examples of what people see, varying from smallest to most extreme cases

thanks for your help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2005, 08:26 PM   #2
    bbybyrd
    Veteran
    (female)

bbybyrd HB User
    Re: visual hallucinations

I've seen a shadowy figure walking behind me while looking in the mirror. I've seen bugs on the wall. I've seen birds flying around a room. The scariest for me is the shadowy figure.

Old 02-27-2005, 09:08 PM   #3
    lachesis
    (female)

lachesis HB User

yea, bugs and figures are common for me too. it really varies. for awhile i saw people often that i could never see their faces, only the backs of them.

Old 02-28-2005, 06:44 AM   #4
    a_person
    (male)

a_person HB User

could you actually tell they were bugs

or did they just look like marks on the wall

Old 02-28-2005, 09:53 AM   #5
    lachesis
    (female)

lachesis HB User

i hope you don't mind me asking, but why are you asking?

Old 03-04-2005, 12:22 PM   #6
    a_person
    (male)

a_person HB User

because i never see actual things

but i see things in the corner of my eye, never where i am actually focussing, but in the corner of my eye, and if i look to where the thing came from and try to focus it wont be there

it can be just black marks on the wall, or something moving very quickly and blurred

Old 03-04-2005, 03:28 PM   #7
    Warren_G
    Inactive
    (male)

Warren_G HB User

people with no heads walking around, Aliens, monsters, baby foxes, and some things i cant describe like unimaginable things

Old 03-04-2005, 10:14 PM   #8
    lachesis
    (female)

lachesis HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_person

but i see things in the corner of my eye, never where i am actually focussing, but in the corner of my eye, and if i look to where the thing came from and try to focus it wont be there

it can be just black marks on the wall, or something moving very quickly and blurred

hm. well, i don't think there's any formula to what a schizophrenic will hallucinate, and there are quite a few other causes for hallucinations, so i'm not sure exactly what that might mean

Old 03-07-2005, 10:02 AM   #9
    doraluma
    (female)

doraluma HB User

i am currently seeing pixies and flying buckets. a bit random i know. i have seen figures and spiders out the corner of my eye or that went away wheni blinked, and decaying corpses sitting at tables in restaurants.
    but the pixies and buckets hang around and move towards me
    but then i havent been diagnosed as schizophrenic. evolving psychotic illness (episodes when neither depressed or manic), depression, bouts of mania.
    or who knows, maybe there really are pixies!
    i dont mind the pixies
    sometimes they annoy me when i want them to go away but they wont.
    then i shout at them

dora
    x

Old 03-07-2005, 04:41 PM   #10
    lachesis
    (female)

lachesis HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by doraluma
    i am currently seeing pixies and flying buckets. a bit random i know. i have seen figures and spiders out the corner of my eye or that went away wheni blinked, and decaying corpses sitting at tables in restaurants.
    but the pixies and buckets hang around and move towards me
    but then i havent been diagnosed as schizophrenic. evolving psychotic illness (episodes when neither depressed or manic), depression, bouts of mania.
    or who knows, maybe there really are pixies!
    i dont mind the pixies
    sometimes they annoy me when i want them to go away but they wont.
    then i shout at them

dora
    x
    yea, most of the people i know who see/hear stuff are frightened by it, but to me it isn't usually frightening... it can be bad or good or neutral. its not necessarily one thing.

Old 03-12-2005, 11:10 PM   #11
    halfreality71
    (female)

halfreality71 HB User

Quote:
    please can someone help

what are the usual visual hallucinations for schizophrenia

as in, examples of what people see, varying from smallest to most extreme cases

thanks for your help
    it depends on the individual schizophrenic. we experience all different types of visual hallucinations. it's different for everyone.

I tend to have a lot of visions: seeing strange pictures flashing in my head that are so weird i cant really describe them.

i also see lots of shadowy figures, faces in the dark, bugs crawling on the walls, things moving, changing shape, etc..... When im really depressed, my visual hallucinations are worse.

my biggest problem is my delusions and body hallucinations.

-becka

Old 03-13-2005, 10:59 AM   #12
    halfreality71
    (female)

halfreality71 HB User

Quote:

>>

this is how my visual hallucinations started.

Do you have any other symptoms, like paranoia, social withdrawel, hearing voices, noises, (either externally or internally)

do you only have these visual hallucinations out of the corners of your eyes when you are depressed/anxious/scared. If so, you most likely dont have schizophrenia (unless you have more symptoms of schiz). having extream fear/anxiety can cause people to have minor hallucinations like this.

-becka

Old 03-13-2005, 11:04 AM   #13
    halfreality71
    (female)

halfreality71 HB User
    Exclamation Re: visual hallucinations

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Warren_G
    people with no heads walking around, Aliens, monsters, baby foxes, and some things i cant describe like unimaginable things
    yes! i have the unimaginable hallucinations too. I cant describe mine either. It's like they are so out- of- this -world, it should be impossible for the human mind to invision...like try to imagine a whole new color. It's impossible! I also hear voices in weird languages i've never heard before. They make unimaginable kinds of sounds that would be impossible for humans to make.

-becka

Old 03-13-2005, 11:09 AM   #14
    halfreality71
    (female)

halfreality71 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lachesis
    yea, most of the people i know who see/hear stuff are frightened by it, but to me it isn't usually frightening... it can be bad or good or neutral. its not necessarily one thing.

when i first started having certian hallucinations, they scared me,(like the shadows, because they were so close to me) but after getting use to them, i do not feel fear anymore. I find them to be very interesting and entertianing. The only hallucination i;ve had that i am terrified of every having again is that "death-like paralasys." anyone ever have this?
    I'll be lying there closing my eyes in the dark (yet i am not asleep, this is not a dream, i am awake and it is very real) and suddenly my whole body is paralized. I cant scream for help or move or anything and i see myself falling down a dark hole and i usually hear voices talking in another language when this happens. I hate this...very scarry!it's only happened about 3 times, but i'm always afraid of it happening again

-becka

Old 03-21-2005, 03:26 PM   #15
    kelly90
    (female)

kelly90 HB User

there is no one thing that ppl see it could be bugs one person i knew saw cows sitting in trees another saw doves flying out of her privates another saw boys giving her flowers others see devils dogs with red eyes and horns there is no one thing

Closed Thread