It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board

• Schizophrenia and Me

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-09-2005, 11:14 AM   #1
    craazy
    (male)

craazy HB User
    Schizophrenia and Me

I am a vetren of Schizophrenia, who suffers from Major Depression. I have read alot of misleading information on this web site but I can happily tell you with my years of experience, that if you are unhappy and become deluded with no controll over yourself, you have a disease called Schizophrenia. Schizophrenia may also be the disease you have if the quality of your life is so bad you need to see a doctor, this rules out many of the myths that schizophrenia is a different one to the disease I have just explained. This may be accopanied by another disease at times like Major deppression, this is usually a side effect from feeling ill from your disease, it is a disease and not a Multiple Personality Disorder.

I find my life very difficult to live and I apprecitae all the help I recive from doctors and nurses. I do find my life very threatenig and scary. I am in a state of unhappyness that is unbearable. I am worried because I cannot ever see myself making even the slightest recovery as I always return to my original phychotic episode whenever I feel good. this is a frustrating disease. I have had therapy and it does help me to see the brightest possible outcome on my situation, for egsample instead of getting up set with returning to my phycotic state after having felt good, I would think 'well done you felt good.' this projects a good feeling much like the thoughts you have every day and can make things bearable.

As you can imagine I am always thinking along these lines to help me through my complicated life. Recently I discovered something very helpful, as you can imagine I feel pretty bad mostly and this can lead to living in absolutely messyness. What I do is write a list out on my computor what it is I need to do in order to tidy one room, number each task. Go out to the shops and buy some cake then I tell myself I cannot eat this junk food untill I do what is on that list. Of course you acctually need to be on a diet to have the junk food make you tidy up.

I hope you find your lives a little bit easier.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2005, 12:19 AM   #2
    curiouslearner
    (male)

curiouslearner HB User
    Re: Schizophrenia and Me

what is some of the misinformation that you have found on this web site?

Closed Thread