It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board

• What is considered hearing voices?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-21-2005, 09:01 PM   #1
    df22002003
    (female)

df22002003 HB User
    What is considered hearing voices?

What is considered hearing voices? Is it like the sensation that you think you are hearing voices in the next room that arenít there or is it just hearing things in your brain, like paying too close attention to your thoughts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2005, 12:14 AM   #2
    GatsbyLuvr1920
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User
    Re: What is considered hearing voices?

It's hearing a voice in your head that isn't your own, such as a female voice if you're male, telling you to do things. It's also what you said about hearing somebody who's not there calling your name. If you're hearing your own inner voice in your head, but you've been getting really bizarre, unacceptable blasphemous, sexual, and/or violent thoughts that you know are coming from your own mind, you might have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. I have this type of OCD, and when I first started getting obsessions, I thought I was schizophrenic...
    -GatsbyLuvr1920-

Old 08-23-2005, 02:59 AM   #3
    Skigomaniac
    (male)

Skigomaniac HB User

Schizto runs in my family my moms mom and my mom's sister are both skitz. I did a lot of hallucinagens in highschool and I was getting really crazy. I heard myself scream in my head so loud it hurt. I don't even know how to explain it, it was my voice but it was inside my head but I could hear it clearly as if someone was screaming right next to me. But I quit the drugs for about 4 or 5 years now and I seem to have become a lot more stable.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:13 PM   #4
    Toby706
    (male)

Toby706 HB UserToby706 HB User

For me hearing voices when manic/psychotic, was like actually experiencing an old swingset swinging or people yelling bad words at me when I am in a room that is quiet.
    The first time I heard "voices" I was walking home and a man's voice told me to walk in front of a car. Pretty strange stuff...I should add that my mother and father's sister both have SZ/Bi-polar issues, runs in the family.

Closed Thread