It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board

• mental improvement, body aches and fatigue?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-26-2006, 07:11 PM   #1
    jimmylongjohn
    (male)

jimmylongjohn HB User
    mental improvement, body aches and fatigue?

Hi there, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. Over the past two weeks I've had really bad body aches all over 'flu-like,' which have now dissappeared leaving me feel fatigued and tired. I could go to work over that period, and was very active, and I intend to go to work tomorrow. It isn't debillitating, but very noticeable. I understand my body might be fighting off a virus of some kind, which could be anything, on the other hand is it true that depression/schizophrenia can bring this on. I haven't been diagnosed with either but I feel I've had symptoms of the like for the past 5 years or so. I can remember that around about a week before 'flu-like' symptoms arrived I began to regain some of my original brain power so to speak, thought patterns, awareness etc. I was also under a lot of pressure at work, stress and anxiety where all too common. Would this be likely to have triggered my body aches and subsequent fatigue. I would appreciate any help, from anyone who familiar with schizophrenia. I'm having my blood screened on wed which should put the virus query to bed, but in the mean time I would really like someone to shine some light on this matter for me. i never went down the path of using meds to help with schizophrenia, and feel i am on the mend. is there anyone reading this who has suffered body aches and fatigue, after a period of mental improvement, problem solving,etc.
    thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2006, 01:54 PM   #2
    Natalie00
    Inactive
    (female)

Natalie00 HB User
    Re: mental improvement, body aches and fatigue?

Have you been tested for mono?

Old 03-27-2006, 04:53 PM   #3
    jimmylongjohn
    (male)

jimmylongjohn HB User

No I've never heard of it. I might google it.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:23 PM   #4
    Natalie00
    Inactive
    (female)

Natalie00 HB User

You've never heard of mono(nucleosis)?? It is very common, especially among teens and young adults. Nicknamed "the kissing disease" it causes extreme fatigue, body aches, sore throat, headaches, fever and ususally last 2 weeks to a month. Unfortuantly I am one of the unlucky ones, and my mono turned into chronic fatigue syndrome and chronic epstein-barr virus.

Closed Thread