It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board

• Paranoid Schizophrenia in parent, im very concerned about the child!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-10-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
    HarrietAngel
    (female)

HarrietAngel HB User
    Paranoid Schizophrenia in parent, im very concerned about the child!

Oh gosh. I don't know where to start!
    I have an 11 year old daughter (Amy) who goes to school (obviously) and her friend has told me whats been happening in her home. (Before you think its wierd that she told another parent, she trusts me a lot )
    Her mother has Paranoid Schizophrenia, a very bad case of it, too. I'm concerned about both the child and mother. It's a lot, so sorry if it's long.
    First off, the mother has not had a very nice life in the past.. she's had many fights with her ex husband and as a child she was beaten up. She is now 46 with an 11 year old daughter.
    In the past the mother has been having dreams that she thinks are "visions" of the future. She has 2 children, one whos 20, and the 11 year old, and her son whos about 22 died in 2004.
    She thinks her 20 year old daughter has had sex with her (the mothers) exhusband and that they are out to get her and want to kill her because she has an overbite. Also she has seen coincedences on T.V and things and she thinks they are not coincedences, she thinks "spies" have done it.
    She's seen hallucinations of a ghost(not gonna go into details) and thinks it is alive and having sex with her 20 year old daughter. She has changed her surname to a famous persons surname. When they went to America for a holiday these milatery peose ple were holding guns and now she thinks theyre threatening her with guns becaushe changed the name.
    She often "flips" about it... when she "flips" she shouts really loud and curses at "Spies" and the hallucination and says she will take them to the highest court and get them sued. Im sure this scares the child very much. It's affected the child so much that if her mum says "court" she starts crying and punching herself and when her mother hears her crying she tells the child to shut up. The child wants to live with someone else until her mother is "better". She wants to take the so called "spies" and "the ghost" to the courts. The child has told the mother it is not happening, the mother has denied it all. The child even knows about Paranoid Schizophrenia and is telling her mother to see a doctor about it. Her mother is not listening to the child, she believes herself so much that she denies everything the child says. She tells her child to not tell anyone or she will be taken into care. The mum says that carehomes kill people. She also thinnks people are using her across the globe.
    At school she is jealous of the other kids because they have normal families, and she eats a lot because of this... she is very overweight.
    There is loads more.. but i shouldnt carry on.
    The problem is, the child doesnt want anyone else to do anything about it, she wants to do it herself. I feel like the mother is not thinking about her child, her feelings, her confidence and self esteem.. actually, she's probably not thinking about the child at all. What do i do? How do i help this innocent child who did nothing to deserve all this? Help
    P.S: Sorry if i said "the child" and "the mother" too much, but if i just used "she" it would cause confusion, so sorry about that!

Last edited by HarrietAngel; 07-10-2006 at 05:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread