It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board

• Seroquel

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-08-2006, 04:46 AM   #1
    RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst HB User
    Seroquel

I've been put on seroquel, 400mg daily and Im wondering how long it will take to work?

Thanks

RA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2006, 08:49 PM   #2
    i-be-peabody
    (female)

i-be-peabody HB User
    Re: Seroquel

I found it was making progress within a couple of weeks. It took about two months to totally adjust to them, body and brain. I am on 2oo mgs, the round white ones. I used to be on more.

love
    pea

Old 10-12-2006, 02:11 AM   #3
    andari
    (female)

andari HB User

i just got prescribed seroquel today. I'm a little nervous because i've been on psych meds for almost 12 years but i have never been on so much. I'm also on klonapin and zoloft. does anybody know what kind of reactions there are when you first start taking it?

Old 10-21-2006, 07:01 AM   #4
    Trish BP2
    (female)

Trish BP2 HB User

I am a bit shocked, I am on seroquel 300mg a day for over a year now, I thought it was for a paranoid/bipola disorder, does this mean they think I have schizophrenia but havent told me ? Are they one and the same ?
    Trish.

Old 10-21-2006, 04:29 PM   #5
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Nah..just goes to show they are all based on the same thing. Lack of mental control, control of your thoughts. Your paranoid because your afraid. Afraid of what? Your thoughts.

Every wondered about what you are thinking and why you are thinking? No...why? Fear.

Fear of what?

Your schizophrenic because lack of self control. You hear voices? Why can't anyone else hear them? Ever asked "them" what they want or why they are here? You think everyones out to get you? Fear is the cause of your illness..

What is shizofrenia? What is bi-polar? What is depression?

Again...all comes down to lack of self control, and control of your thoughts and emotions. Medication is no cure, it is an on going "mask" that you waste your money on.

Oh but the doctors say i have a chemical imbalance, the doctor say blah blah blah...And the doctors are businessmen too. You pay to see these doctors and the medications? Right?
    You obviously know how to use the internet to ask for help...use it...

See how I say you so many times. Ask yourself these questions, be more observant.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

(these statements are of opionions and experience, as people with head traumas and overdosing of drugs can be irreversable, but most commonly this is a mis-diagnoses.)

Last edited by dfwgoodguy; 10-21-2006 at 06:32 PM.

Old 10-22-2006, 08:12 AM   #6
    Trish BP2
    (female)

Trish BP2 HB User

Hi,

Actually I dont pay for meds or Drs I am in the uk, but that is rather a mute point.

How do you gain controll ? I seem to have none or rather very little controll of anything in my life. Any tips ?

Trish.

Old 10-28-2006, 12:44 AM   #7
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Control of what?

You didn't really explain anything in your post.

But from a standpoint on mental health..

What is making you feel you don't have any control?
    Control of what?
    Your emotions, thoughts?

If I had more information, I might be able to give more information.

But as of now, I would ask...When did you feel you didn't have control of your life/emotions/thoughts/etc? Somtimes this brings about hurt filled memories, and these memories are actually the solutions to your problems.

Thanks..

Reply, as I would really like to give some opinions and self experience, as I have been through my psyche and have a good understanding on my mind, emotions and thoughts.

Much love.
    -DFW

Old 10-29-2006, 08:33 AM   #8
    ceres_lacaille
    (female)

ceres_lacaille HB User

I was on seroquel for awhile, 400mg. those pills made me vow to never take medication ever again, unless It were a matter of life or death. after taking them for several months I was asleep 18+ hours of the day, and when i was awake my IQ had lowered to almost retard levels. It also caused me to have trouble breathing sometimes to the point I actually had to go to the hospital... but maybe if youre on a lower dose it wont be so bad.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:16 PM   #9
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

[QUOTE=ceres_lacaille]I was asleep 18+ hours of the day, and when i was awake my IQ had lowered to almost retard levels.QUOTE]

Thats all most medications do. Either put you to sleep, or make your brain produce chemicals that affect your thoughts and emotions.

Do you know the difference between these drugs and street drugs?

There really is very little.

Street Drugs

Do not know what can be in them.

Effect your memory and emotions, make you forget the "pain".

You don't know where they came from.

They can cause long term health problems.

They can cause perminant damage to your body in other areas than the brain.

There are many more than this.....

Prescribed Drugs

How do you or they know exactly what these meds affect. THEY DON'T.

They effect your memory and emotions, usually zombifying you.

You don't know where they were made, you just feel warm they come from a pharmacy in a little bottle.

They DO cause long term health problems, usually liver problems, and they make your brain produce chemicals that it is not CHOOSING to do, so once off the meds, your brain doesn't know HOW to react. Its won't duplicate what medications do...

The thing about "legal" drugs, are that they make you feel warm and cozy, that these are going to help you. A psychiatrist is more helpful than medication. It just takes work on your part to get to the correct mindset you need to be at. There is absolutely no way you can become cured from medications. NEVER...the only way you can be "CURED" is to continue taking them.

Humans like quick and easy. We don't like to work for somthing if we don't have to. Medications are quick fixes, just as street drugs. Street drugs also work to get over your emotions or "dis-eases". But once they wear off, your back to the bottom of the barrel.

The best thing you can do is, LOVE the bottom as much as you LOVE the top. Clean up your mind and your memories. As its all caused by bad programming, false judgements, and habit.

Good Luck...meditation for the win...(takes time, but its done by YOU and not by THEM.)

Much Love
    -DFW

Last edited by dfwgoodguy; 10-29-2006 at 12:17 PM.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:43 AM   #10
    phaze_4
    (female)

phaze_4 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trish BP2 View Post
    I am a bit shocked, I am on seroquel 300mg a day for over a year now, I thought it was for a paranoid/bipola disorder, does this mean they think I have schizophrenia but havent told me ? Are they one and the same ?
    Trish.

hey im also on seroquwl/quetiapine and only that for bipolar disorder the reason for them puttin me on that is my highs

i mostly had highs and since physcosis is more prodominant with schizoprenia and related to the manias/highs

it works well and have been on it 5 years now and stable most of that

dont panic they arent tryin to tell you that your diagnosis is different

its just that some meds work better for some and not for others

Old 02-07-2007, 03:45 AM   #11
    phaze_4
    (female)

phaze_4 HB User

i was advised to only take at night before bed and always set an alarm restricting sleep to 8-10hours

works a treat

Old 02-25-2007, 05:35 PM   #12
    georginia
    (female)

georginia HB User

Dont say the drugs dont help if you are on the right ones they do.I been diagnose with bipolar adhd and ocd and been stable for 4 yrs.This has been the best part of my life cause without the meds its been HELL

Old 02-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #13
    georginia
    (female)

georginia HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by georginia View Post
    Dont say the drugs dont help if you are on the right ones they do.I been diagnose with bipolar adhd and ocd and been stable for 4 yrs.This has been the best part of my life cause without the meds its been HELL

Closed Thread