It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board

• Racing thoughts...but not different voices...PLEASE HELP!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-27-2007, 06:27 AM   #1
    syradmb
    (female)

syradmb HB User
    Exclamation Racing thoughts...but not different voices...PLEASE HELP!!

I'd like to know if this is SZ related or if it's really just OCD. please any input would really make me feel better...

Does anyone else feel like their mind is always "on" or racing?

I dont hear voices. I dont have different personalities inside me that I hear or anything. I know deep down it's just my own thoughts. I know this because you know how when you are/were in school and you studied for exams and then you would go take them and you'd "think" or "talk" in your head.... "ok this math equation do this times x divided 9.... etc..." or whatever. You know internal dialog? That's what I hear.

That's what's in my head and gives me these crazy intrusive thoughts. Like the harming of myself and others. I used to have issues with homosexuality. But your classic intrusive thoughts, I have. If you're not familiar with OCD this is a classic PURE O trait. We fear things that are our worst nightmares and couldnt act on them but we think what is? What if we do lose control?

I guess my latest concern is, and again I kind of mentioned it, Im afraid this internal voice means Im crazy or schizophrenic. I try and tell myself it's OCD. But I obsess over it. I tell myself, and it's true that I dont feel like there's someone ELSE talking to me. I dont hear a man's voice and the only female voice if you want to call it that, is me. My voice. But I dont know is it the OCD making me wonder and obsess?

Wouldnt I know if there was another voice I that I didnt recognize? Like "omg who said that?" Or people having conversations? I dont have that. It's me. Instead of thinking out loud like some people do think inside. The most dialog I get is if I saw something or do something I might think to myself... "Oh nice one jen! you're such an ***!" But again this isnt a voice I dont recognize.

Sorry for the long post. A classic OCD trait is need for reassurance and I guess that's what I need. Please any input would help me and maybe calm me down.

I also struggle with anxiety and depression that sometimes lead to panic attacks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2007, 04:17 PM   #2
    barney64
    (male)

barney64 HB User
    Re: Racing thoughts...but not different voices...PLEASE HELP!!

I have had symptoms of schizophrenia, ocd and generalized anxiety disorder. Based on my personal experience I would say your internal voice that just won't stop thinking is most likely a symptom of generalized anxiety. Talk with your doctor about it.

Last edited by barney64; 05-27-2007 at 04:35 PM.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:08 PM   #3
    SuchGreatHeight
    Veteran
    (female)

SuchGreatHeight HB User

Your obsession is your fear and your fear is Schizophrenia, but relax, you are not experiencing psychosis. The obsessing, the voice, the intrusive thoughts, are all OCD related.

I too have OCD along with my plethera of diagnosis', and know exactly of what you talk about. Talk to your doctor. Beware, it may need a med increase of your current Anti Anxiety med (your Benzo or SSRI or whatever you are taking). But that should slow the thoughts down and help you obsess quite a bit less.

Goodluck to you.

SGH

Old 06-07-2007, 05:53 AM   #4
    wonder79
    (female)

wonder79 HB User

I have OCD- I'm not schizophrenic- I'm on this site because of a family member who has been diagnosed with it- anyhow- I know that what you want is reassurance because I've been there- so here it is- you don't have schizophrenia- I have spent many hours and days obsessing over that myself (along with bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, and anything else you can imagine)- but as I'm not in that OCD loop right now- I know I don't have any of those things- and I don't think you do either- I actually called my psychologist once shortly after I was diagnosed with OCD to make sure that I didn't have borderline personality disorder or schizophrenia- I think that what he told me will help you too- "You calling me and asking me about this is only confirming your OCD diagnosis."

I know that all of the reassurance in the world won't make those thoughts stop circling if you're really stuck- but hopefully it will ease your anxiety a little- one thing that I learned- stop trying to prove to yourself in your head that you are not schizophrenic- I know that's hard- but the more you try to prove it in your head the lstronger the loop gets and the fear gets worse- besides- we already know that OCD thoughts don't suddenly disappear just because we try to rationalize them- if that worked we wouldn't be getting stuck on things in the first place

Anyhow- I hope this helps a bit- I know what you're dealing with and I hope this obsession passes you by soon

Old 06-07-2007, 07:55 PM   #5
    harmony06
    (female)

harmony06 HB User

is that what ocd is? the obsessive thoughts that just won't go away and the constant reasurance that everything is going to be alright, to have to hear your husband constantly tell you that he will not leave you. all the insecurities that you feel. I am not schizophrenic but i have a brother who is so i sometimes come on this board to see if there is anyway that i can help him. i have however been diagnosed with bipolar a little over a year ago. i almost always feel like i can't do anything right and i do have alot of obsessive thoughts that won't go away. the problem is, is that they are about my pdoc so therefore haven't spoken to him about it yet.

does anyone think that this might be ocd? is this something that i should mention to my pdoc? that's a stupid question, i guess you should always talk to your pdoc about anything that is bothering you.

take care
    harmony

Old 06-08-2007, 06:47 AM   #6
    Enigmatic_Soul
    (female)

Enigmatic_Soul HB User

Oh my!

I just made a post on this myself, im having the same kind of concerns at the moment. Its nice to know im not alone out here, but i really really feel your pain. My sympathy goes out to you, its an absolutely horrendous obsession to have and its tying me up in knots right now. I dont have any answers for you of yet as im still working my way through similar issues myself, but i do hope things work out well for you.

I am spending literally hours every day sat at my pc researching such issues in an attempt to reassure myself and reduce my anxiety levels. Its down right torturous to say the least.

ES

Last edited by Enigmatic_Soul; 06-08-2007 at 06:55 AM.

Closed Thread