It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board

• 19 year old schizophrenic very paranoid want to talk to others

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-17-2007, 05:49 PM   #1
    naboo88
    (female)

naboo88 HB User
    19 year old schizophrenic very paranoid want to talk to others

hey everybody I've read other peoples posts before but just finally got up the courage to join myself so I am now a newcomer to this site and have paranoid schizophrenia. Ive had it for the last 4 and a half years but just got diagnosed a year and a half ago. I'm taking a lot of medication and its not working very well lately ive been very paranoid and want to talk to others in my situation. Please write back Id love to hear from anyone who would like to talk , thanks
    naboo88

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2007, 08:27 AM   #2
    happyface99
    (female)

happyface99 HB User
    Wink Re: 19 year old schizophrenic very paranoid want to talk to others

Quote:
    Originally Posted by naboo88 View Post
    hey everybody I've read other peoples posts before but just finally got up the courage to join myself so I am now a newcomer to this site and have paranoid schizophrenia. Ive had it for the last 4 and a half years but just got diagnosed a year and a half ago. I'm taking a lot of medication and its not working very well lately ive been very paranoid and want to talk to others in my situation. Please write back Id love to hear from anyone who would like to talk , thanks
    naboo88
    Anytime you want to chat on here, send me a message.I am female and 40. I understand alot about this illness. Dont ever feel you are on your own, as many people suffer with this illness. I have a partner and he is also my carer, he helps me with my confidence, but like yourself I still have very paraniod days, expecially with my awful neigbours.Take Care love happyface99 xx

Old 11-18-2007, 09:19 AM   #3
    naboo88
    (female)

naboo88 HB User
    Re: 19 year old schizophrenic very paranoid want to talk to others

hello happyface99 thank you very much for your reply I was worried that no one would reply to my post. I just had a bit of a meltdown the other night because I'm being tracked by a microchip that an undercover agent from the CIA planted in my brain about 9 months ago and ive been really paranoid ever since. I have to find a way to get it out but i dont know how has something like this ever happened to you? peace and love naboo88

Old 11-20-2007, 10:12 AM   #4
    naboo88
    (female)

naboo88 HB User

hey there thanks for responding to my post yea i almost tried cutting them out of me too but i didnt know how because it was in my brain i wanted the doctors to operate but they wouldnt :S i looked up the drug that u mentioned and it seems to be like risperdal i am taking risperdal, seroquel, celexa and clonazepam im almost on the full dose of both risperdal and seroquel and am still having many problems the doctors mentiioned that i could go on clozaril im not sure if uve heard of it but they said i could go on that but its really fatal and i could die from it so i guess im going to stick to increasing my meds that im on right now and see what happens. Write back if ud like! peace, naboo88

Old 11-20-2007, 11:54 AM   #5
    Tommy212
    (male)

Tommy212 HB User

hello naboo, you are definitely not alone as i have lived with a person that has had it for almost all her life which is my mother. I believe the illness gets worse as you get older. My mother is much worse now then say 20 yrs ago, the comparison and the rate at which it occurs is much worse the older u get. At least with my mother. To find out more info you can look at my previous posts

Last edited by Tommy212; 11-20-2007 at 11:55 AM.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:19 PM   #6
    naboo88
    (female)

naboo88 HB User

hey tommy212 thanks for the message. That sort of scares me though because i think if it gets worst as time goes by that ill be stuck in a hospital or something:s ill check out your other posts! take care naboo88

Old 11-21-2007, 01:25 AM   #7
    joelchatelier82
    (male)

joelchatelier82 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: 19 year old schizophrenic very paranoid want to talk to others

hey man hows it going. i just joined the forums today and just read your posts......i was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 05 but only recently have i been taking my medication and trying to get better (i was using illegal drugs for a few years til 6 months ago) i know how bad the paranoia can get dude.....its sucks.....but dosent mean we cant find ways to combat it and live with it.....

i would say im alot better but i'm not.....had a psychotic eposoide followed by an absent seizure yesterday and was taken to hospital and monitiored for a few hours the let to go home. seeing my psychiatrist on monday to talk about what happened so see how it goes....

how are u coping anyways other then the paranoia? are u taking all ur meds etc? if u want to talk privately i'm happy to ok...i'd love someone to chat too to. if ya have msn, my spaceor ******** let me know!!!

take care
    joel

Last edited by joelchatelier82; 11-21-2007 at 01:27 AM.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:18 AM   #8
    FleaLice
    (female)

FleaLice HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joelchatelier82 View Post
    hey man hows it going. i just joined the forums today and just read your posts......i was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 05 but only recently have i been taking my medication and trying to get better (i was using illegal drugs for a few years til 6 months ago) i know how bad the paranoia can get dude.....its sucks.....but dosent mean we cant find ways to combat it and live with it.....
    hey,
    Do you know anything about marijuana triggering psychosis, besides the fact that it can happen.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:16 PM   #9
    joelchatelier82
    (male)

joelchatelier82 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: 19 year old schizophrenic very paranoid want to talk to others

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FleaLice View Post
    hey,
    Do you know anything about marijuana triggering psychosis, besides the fact that it can happen.
    i know for a fact it can....i have drug induced sz from using crystal meth. i guess the more u use the more likely ur going to experience psychosis, generally once u stop using and the drugs are out of ur system u stop getting psychosis.

hope this helps

all the best
    joel

Old 11-25-2007, 12:25 AM   #10
    cherokepyrte
    (male)

cherokepyrte HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joelchatelier82 View Post
    i guess the more u use the more likely ur going to experience psychosis, generally once u stop using and the drugs are out of ur system u stop getting psychosis.

I'm not so sure about that joel. I used weed & drank like a fish for 11-12 yrs wen i was a kid, started wen i was 9. I have been having episodes fer a lotta yrs too, i'm 37 now. so just cause ur not doin the drugs, or they aint doin u anymore, doesn't mean u'll be fine if u quit. My shrink says that my drug use & my horrible childhood had a lot to do with my schizoaffective/bipolar disorder. Shane

Old 11-26-2007, 01:34 PM   #11
    FleaLice
    (female)

FleaLice HB User

Yeah, I understand that. I meant more like how do you know you're in a "psychosis" like is it something that happens for 14 hours or does is it more gradually happen without you really realizing over a long time.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:42 PM   #12
    agathe
    (male)

agathe HB User

I believe that our paranoia is more reasonable than we think.
    I know some of these things are specifically delusional but being aware of what we are makes them seem alot more capable of happening wouldn't you agree. Sort've a I wouldn't put it past them kind've thing.

Like for instance, if I were to meet hitler knowing what I know about what he did and believed I would be extremely paranoid about him and have all sorts of thoughts about what he could do and quite possibly imagine a few things, because he's so horrible, and although he might not be doing some of the things that I imagine about him doesn't mean that he wouldn't be capable of actually doing them if given the chance, evil will drive you crazy like that.

My first "episode", I became very aware of evil and understood it a little more. And although some of the things that I think are completely delusional, some of them aren't, being aware of this evil reasonably made me paranoid about the world and reasonably delusional, and although some of the things that pop into my head aren't true it doesn't mean that they wouldn't happen if given the chance, that's what experiencing evil did to me, I was able to see what it would do-"delusion".
    It will really make your mind wonder when you know what this world is capable of doing. You guys get what I'm saying, cuz I don't know if I'm explaining this right, man I hope so.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:07 PM   #13
    armyofone05
    (female)

armyofone05 HB User

hey anytime you want to talk im here! im a paranoid skitzo as well....im 23 and female. hit me up sometime have a great day!!

Old 12-01-2007, 11:38 AM   #14
    naboo88
    (female)

naboo88 HB User

hey army105 and agathe thanks for responding to my message what kind of things have you experienced with paranoid schizophrenia? an undercover agent from the CIA planted a brain chip in my head to track me and im always being followed by this spaceship with aliens in it. How about u guys?

Old 01-04-2008, 05:38 PM   #15
    joelchatelier82
    (male)

joelchatelier82 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cherokeepyrate View Post
    I'm not so sure about that joel. I used weed & drank like a fish for 11-12 yrs wen i was a kid, started wen i was 9. I have been having episodes fer a lotta yrs too, i'm 37 now. so just cause ur not doin the drugs, or they aint doin u anymore, doesn't mean u'll be fine if u quit. My shrink says that my drug use & my horrible childhood had a lot to do with my schizoaffective/bipolar disorder. Shane
    hey cherokeepyrate yep your totally right. i was just saying what one doctor told me. but now from personal experience i've been off drugs for 7-8months and i still exp psychosis.......
    sorry for that misinformation

Joel

Closed Thread