It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board

• Hearing many voices at once?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-14-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
    brokensynapse
    (female)

brokensynapse HB User
    Hearing many voices at once?

Just out of curiousity and hopes that I am not the only one, I want to know if any one hears many voices at once? I hear a french woman, and male newcaster voice (now I can't watch the news) and a whole bunch of other ones as well. All the voices are at different speeds, but it all seems super fast. It is like a crowded mall in my head. When I hear them I feel really slowed down like slow motion? Does anyone else experience this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2008, 05:21 AM   #2
    TheTasteOfInk
    (female)

TheTasteOfInk HB User
    Re: Hearing many voices at once?

Yes, I've experienced this for as long as I can remember. The thing is, I never thought it was a big deal, because the voices don't scare me, and I can never understand what they're saying. They almost seem......friendly. It's pretty much as if I'm standing in a room, and I'm being surrounded by people, and they're all talking in my ear, their voices overlapping. Thing is, I haven't really told anybody this, because I never thought the voices were a problem. =//

Do you hear them everyday? I only hear them a couple days a week, and only when I'm in bed, trying to sleep. It almost feels like I'm high while I'm listening to them.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:08 AM   #3
    brokensynapse
    (female)

brokensynapse HB User

thanks for your reply
    I hear them only when I am anxious, usually in the morning and it seems like my body slows down, it is really weird. I've heard them ever since I was little, first I remember is 7. My mom said I used to just scream for no reason, for a couple of mintues then stop, so maybe even earlier than that.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:15 PM   #4
    chickenxx
    (female)

chickenxx HB User

I don't have the same people that talk to me it'll be different people everytime but there can be a few in there...once a blonde paramedic, an old lady, a man and I'm sure a few other people were all in there talking at once...but the voices are very nice to me and comforting so I don't get frightened. They usually give me instructions if I'm sick to make me better or encourage me and comfort me...sometimes they'll lecture me about drinking so much but they mean well...I'm quite grateful their there at those times really. I can't actually hear them like auditory but its there in my mind.

Old 05-17-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
    brokensynapse
    (female)

brokensynapse HB User

Wow that is different, It is cool you know who they are, and I'm glad they are helpful

Old 05-30-2008, 09:06 AM   #6
    Lonely810810
    (female)

Lonely810810 HB User

I have heard alot of people at once mainly it is one doctor and several people.They discuss me while I am right here.I feel like they are judging me on everything I do.It's like they are there and I am not.Make sense?No I didn't think so.Well I have schizoaffective and have had it for some years.I have been able to understand that there are 2 types of voices for me.In my head and in my ear.Both bother me,however I am on some great medication now I still have paranoia and confussion but I feel much better.Sorry to ramble I hope this helped you.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:50 PM   #7
    updownman
    (male)

updownman HB User

Medicine can stop the bad voices, but it needs to be the right dose and the correct medicine. You need to try them for at least two weeks before switching. Some doctors are better at this than others.

Closed Thread