It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board

• please, opinions about my paranoia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-11-2008, 05:31 PM   #1
    Lieve66
    (female)

Lieve66 HB User
    please, opinions about my paranoia

Does anyone have troubles with paranoia even with their antipsychotic meds? I guess i have a low grade paranoia but it makes for such distress in life. I think people doing things to confuse me all the time. I spend all my time trying to figure out what things mean. Constantly asking myself, is this real or my imagination playing a trick on me? and can't trust anyone, the girl at the bank trying to cheat me, my friends deliberately muffling messages, don't trust the seals on envelopes. Does this sound like a need for increase of my zyprexa? or is this low grade paranoia something we all have to live with? i appreciate your opinions. thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2008, 10:01 AM   #2
    crystalk13
    (female)

crystalk13 HB User
    Re: please, opinions about my paranoia

I am on 30 mg of abilify for paranoid sz and still have problems with paranoia creeping in. I just talked to my dr about it and she said to leave things alone med wise because all the other symptoms are in check. So I just have to live with it. Good luck and hope you find some relief soon.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
    kdook
    (male)

kdook HB User

Hi. I am currently on Invega 9mg, Lamictal 150mg, and Lexapro 20 mg and i still deal with a lot of paranoia. It's probably my main symptom right now.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:14 PM   #4
    cinemachick
    Veteran
    (female)

cinemachick HB User

Out of the five meds I am on, two are anti-psychs: seroquel and haldol. My paranoia seems to go up and down. Some days are good and I feel like "I'm normal," but sometimes I can't help the thoughts.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:17 AM   #5
    MSD607
    Veteran
    (female)

MSD607 HB User

i have extreme paranoia no matter what i'm on...it's just become part of my life. sad, but true.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:19 AM   #6
    Wulz
    (male)

Wulz HB User

This is what I live with daily ! I think I am being watched, I even fear sometimes that I am being poisoned by my daughter, I know they are irrational, that they arent real, but they feel so real just the same. Part of the treadmill of Schizo

Old 12-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #7
    kmztoy
    (female)

kmztoy HB User

I understand and I have had the fear of being poiisoned for as long as I can remember, And I carry my drink with me instead of leaving it on my desk and I eat all my lunch at my desk and won't dare walk away from it, I have had this fear since there was the tylanol scare in the 80's in conjunction to I have Celiac Dieses which I only was diagnosed 3 yrs ago, I would get so painfully sick when I would eat anything with wheat or flour, I still do ,,, but I had lived in pain for 30 yrs, so I thought I was dying so I made myself puke !! I don't do that anymore, But I still carry my drinks and don't leave my food and I guess I'm a victim of forced OCD

Old 12-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #8
    dreams in neon
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

I've been dealing with paranoia for the past 11 years, but didn't receive treatment for it until I was hospitalized 2 years ago for a severe manic/psychotic episode.

My paranoia revolves around the fear of people watching me with video cameras installed in my apartment, following me everywhere I go, calling the police to report me for a crime I didn't commit, poisoning my food, dying a painful, slow death, losing touch with reality because of the auditory hallucinations I experience and obeying the commands of my voices to harm myself.

I now take 3mg Risperdal 2x/day and it works pretty well in keeping my paranoia at bay. The only time I have severe difficulty with paranoia is when I'm manic, off of Risperdal or anxious.
    Prozac 40mg
    Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
    Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
    Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Old 12-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #9
    residentidiot
    (male)

residentidiot HB User

Hi, I get paranoid too. I read that for one third of patients the meds take away symptoms totally, for one third they decrease them and for another third they have no effect.
    Also, Dr Kapur wrote for the American Journal of Psychiatry and said the medicines don't take away the symptoms, they put some distance between yourself and them.
    Take care

Old 12-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #10
    dreams in neon
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by residentidiot View Post
    Hi, I get paranoid too. I read that for one third of patients the meds take away symptoms totally, for one third they decrease them and for another third they have no effect.
    Also, Dr Kapur wrote for the American Journal of Psychiatry and said the medicines don't take away the symptoms, they put some distance between yourself and them.Take care
    This is true.

In my case, Risperdal decreases the level of my paranoia from severe to moderate.

However, it does not take away my paranoia completely.

YMMV.
    Prozac 40mg
    Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 12-08-2008, 01:07 AM   #11
    residentidiot
    (male)

residentidiot HB User

The feeling that the police are after you is called the 'Bull Horrors'. People who are chronic amphetamine users get it. Amphetamine is where the 'Dopamine Hypothesis' for schizophrenia comes from.
    You were in a much worse state than me. Hallucinations are caused by low serotonin and that can be caused by very high levels of dopamine.
    You've probably shown a lot of courage in the last few years and it's good to meet you.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:33 AM   #12
    dreams in neon
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by residentidiot View Post
    The feeling that the police are after you is called the 'Bull Horrors'. People who are chronic amphetamine users get it. Amphetamine is where the 'Dopamine Hypothesis' for schizophrenia comes from.
    You were in a much worse state than me. Hallucinations are caused by low serotonin and that can be caused by very high levels of dopamine.
    You've probably shown a lot of courage in the last few years and it's good to meet you.
    Interesting. I didn't know that.

I've never used drugs in my life. All of my hallucinations were caused by stress (due to a medical procedure) and a severe manic/psychotic episode.

Fortunately, I've never completely lost touch with reality since my severe manic/psychotic episode. Now I would categorize my hallucinations and paranoia as being moderate at the very worst -- and severe if I'm severely manic or off of my meds.

Nice to meet you too.
    Prozac 40mg
    Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 06-03-2011, 07:55 AM   #13
    IAMGREAT
    (male)

IAMGREAT HB User

My paranoid thought is people close to me are trying to kill me or are monitoring everything I do in preparation of murdering me. I am on 40 milligrams of celexa and 2 milligrams of respiridone. my doctor says im a mild case.
    He also says i have social phobia. I take my meds but still battle with paranoia.

Closed Thread