It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Schizophrenia Message Board

  • Hallucinations help.

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 07-07-2009, 11:23 PM   #1
    sevendaytheory
    Junior Member
    (male)
     
    sevendaytheory's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Canada
    Posts: 13
    sevendaytheory HB User
    Hallucinations help.

    I'm very scepticle to go to the doctor about this kind of stuff but its come to my attention i definetely have a problem.

    I get some really weird hallucinations(?) for example ill put something on the table next to me at work and then ill look on the table and its not there but in some spot totally different, but i do not remember moving anywhere near there. Also lately I see people alot, I always ahve the feeling someones watching me and alot of the time i believe it is the devil or someone really evil. I hear footsteps and i will continually see a man walking at me in the dark in the side of my vision. One time i was in the car and the car infront of me headlights I was convinced was the devils eyes and the window of the neighbours house had a winged creature shadow in the window, which then caused me to go into a unbeleivably severe depression. I feel like theres 2 voices inside of me conversing with each other almost one evil and one good.
    Ontop of the hallucinations I get loss of vision, depression, anxiety, headaches,insomnia, numbness of feelings/extreme feelings at the same time hard to explain. Im very paranoid, scared of the dark and constantly feel like someones watching me at night

    edit- talk to god/devil even tho i dont believe in religion

    Wat can this be? i do plan to see a doctor over this but I would like to research this a bit first.

    Last edited by sevendaytheory; 07-07-2009 at 11:35 PM.

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 07-08-2009, 01:32 AM   #2
    AnnD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 2,366
    AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
    Re: Hallucinations help.

    I would suggest you just go to a psychiatrist and discuss this with him/her. What is it you need to research?...you seem to know that things are exactly right with you and from what you have explained you are correct and I wouldn't put off going to a mental health professional. You have auditory/visual hallucinations with some paranoid thoughts thrown in along with many other little things. I would think you could use some guidance to get some relief from trying to keep this all tightly wrapped so no one will know. But you really do need some help soon...there will come a time that some little thing will set you off...maybe something a little more stressful and you will spiral out of control and that will not be fun at all. It is better to fix you when you are at least open to getting help. Good luck.

     
    Old 07-09-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
    sevendaytheory
    Junior Member
    (male)
     
    sevendaytheory's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Canada
    Posts: 13
    sevendaytheory HB User
    Re: Hallucinations help.

    Thanks, ya i probably will. Does this sound like early stages of schitzophrenia? I really dont feel like taking drugs as drugs left me here in the first place.

     
    Old 07-10-2009, 01:19 AM   #4
    Swamp56
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    Swamp56's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Location: Boston, MA
    Posts: 120
    Swamp56 HB User
    Re: Hallucinations help.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sevendaytheory View Post
    Thanks, ya i probably will. Does this sound like early stages of schitzophrenia? I really dont feel like taking drugs as drugs left me here in the first place.
    Usually if you're aware of the issues you're having, it's not schizophrenia ^.^ .
    __________________
    Rx:
    Seroquel 600mg,
    Wellbutrin SR 150mg,
    Lexapro 60mg,
    Topamax 50mg

     
    Old 07-10-2009, 08:20 PM   #5
    sevendaytheory
    Junior Member
    (male)
     
    sevendaytheory's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Canada
    Posts: 13
    sevendaytheory HB User
    Re: Hallucinations help.

    Ya thats what I have heard which is good.

     
    Old 07-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
    reg12
    Veteran
    (male)
     
    reg12's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: Houston, TX, USA
    Posts: 303
    reg12 HB User
    Re: Hallucinations help.

    I agree with AnnD on seeing a T. Your table example, the good and evil voices, as well as the depression, anxiety, headaches, insomnia, etc. can all be related and are all symptoms of several issues.

    Seeing people may be related or caused by a seperate set of circumstances that may be just happening at the time.

     
    Old 07-12-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
    red7204
    Junior Member
    (male)
     
    red7204's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Location: VA
    Posts: 15
    red7204 HB User
    Re: Hallucinations help.

    One thing you can try is to pinpoint when this started. What makes it worse or better. Did you watch a movie, read a book, that triggered this. Read the bible, occult books, or other religious books? Sometimes people move stuff by accident and then think something else moved it. Did something traumatic happen in your life. Not saying you have to answer this, but moreover ask yourself and consider this. I would say confront this force, try to face it when you see it, if it is nothing but your mind playing tricks on you then when you find that out you might feel better. Lots of people after seeing a scary movie think they see something out of the corner of their eye or image something scary. If you are seeing hallucinations that appear very real even when looking right at them then definitely go see a psychiatrist. Other people on this thread suggested taking a picture of these hallucinations or to see if other people see what you see. Before considering mental illness why not get treated for depression first and see how that is.
    Anti psychotic drugs have side affects like weight gain and increasing your chances of diabetes. Plus resperdal can cause pain in your body and you have to take a pill that reduces thoses feelings.
    I think the more you handle and take control of your mind the better before being full dependent on pills and think that they will fix everything.
    These are some symptoms of Schizophrenia are
    think others are taking about you
    being a loner
    voices and hallucinations

    People do worry what others say or think about them, sometimes people are a loner when they are depressed, again scary movie idea people think they see stuff out of the corner of their eye and leave the lights on. So does this mean everyone is a schizophrenic? Experiencing these problems in minor degrees does not make people a schizophrenic. Some people might experience these things and think "oh god I'm mentally ill and need pills", basically over reacting. But experiencing this in severe degrees may mean mental illness especially if they persist and become unbearable.

     
    Old 07-13-2009, 12:55 AM   #8
    sevendaytheory
    Junior Member
    (male)
     
    sevendaytheory's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Canada
    Posts: 13
    sevendaytheory HB User
    Re: Hallucinations help.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by red7204 View Post
    One thing you can try is to pinpoint when this started. What makes it worse or better. Did you watch a movie, read a book, that triggered this. Read the bible, occult books, or other religious books? Sometimes people move stuff by accident and then think something else moved it. Did something traumatic happen in your life. Not saying you have to answer this, but moreover ask yourself and consider this. I would say confront this force, try to face it when you see it, if it is nothing but your mind playing tricks on you then when you find that out you might feel better. Lots of people after seeing a scary movie think they see something out of the corner of their eye or image something scary. If you are seeing hallucinations that appear very real even when looking right at them then definitely go see a psychiatrist. Other people on this thread suggested taking a picture of these hallucinations or to see if other people see what you see. Before considering mental illness why not get treated for depression first and see how that is.
    Anti psychotic drugs have side affects like weight gain and increasing your chances of diabetes. Plus resperdal can cause pain in your body and you have to take a pill that reduces thoses feelings.
    I think the more you handle and take control of your mind the better before being full dependent on pills and think that they will fix everything.
    These are some symptoms of Schizophrenia are
    think others are taking about you
    being a loner
    voices and hallucinations

    People do worry what others say or think about them, sometimes people are a loner when they are depressed, again scary movie idea people think they see stuff out of the corner of their eye and leave the lights on. So does this mean everyone is a schizophrenic? Experiencing these problems in minor degrees does not make people a schizophrenic. Some people might experience these things and think "oh god I'm mentally ill and need pills", basically over reacting. But experiencing this in severe degrees may mean mental illness especially if they persist and become unbearable.
    I know exactly wen it all started. I took a malaria pill before i went to dominican. Had some type of allergic reaction or reaction to it thats really rare, diagnosed by doctor. Symptoms of vision loss and depression and so on. Supposed to go away but has not, gotten much worse. Have researched it and from malaria pills ppl have gotten mental illnesses. And the scary movie thing, def not the cause of my "hallucinations" just randomly ill get really depressed and ill see stuff. ALso, wen i meant I put something down somewhere and then it wasnt there. For example i was at work and I was taking all the plastic wrap off a shipment that came in, i put the wrap on the table beside me and then looked at the load or watever, but did not move! and then wen i turned to look the plastic wrap wasnt there and it was on some other shelf like 10 feet away. Only me there so no one else could have moved it and I definetly had not moved consciously.

    Last edited by sevendaytheory; 07-13-2009 at 01:00 AM.

     
    Old 07-15-2009, 05:52 PM   #9
    red7204
    Junior Member
    (male)
     
    red7204's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Location: VA
    Posts: 15
    red7204 HB User
    Re: Hallucinations help.

    Glad to see you did your research about the malaria thing. You have found something that can pinpoint as the cause of some of your symptoms.

    I recently did some research of my own and remind myself about the symptoms of schizophrenia, a few threads on this forum have somethings in common with what I read. Also NIMH is the National Institute of Mental Health I guess we can't give sites but researching them could help a lot. There are some sites out there that have tips on finding a psychiatrist.

    If you really are worried then going to see one might help. I would say see a psychiatrist or go to a mental health clinic where you get pretty regular access to a psychiatrist, social worker, etc.
    Find a place where you get immediate care and diagnose, and you can see the doctor and have constant contact, where you don't have to wait a really long time. My opinion is that awareness and try to keep reality as calm as you can, rationalizing and trying to face or control these thoughts as best you can, and if it continues and doesn't go away like you researched then consider taking action. Maybe being around your co workers more or go places with people like a mall, park etc where you have to deal with other thoughts, they may distract your mind from these thoughts. The fact that you said that sometimes the malaria side affect goes away, if you don't mind me asking how long ago was this, maybe it takes longer for different people.

    The large hospitals like john umstead and dortha dix and the new one Central Regional Hospital can be rough, I think they are the most known.
    If you go to a regular hospital they will send you to a mental health hospital similiar the new one they opened in NC, (I see you are in Canada so I don't know what kind of services they provide) and they are not that great, though they have come a long way. Especially since the 50s. Second depending on what the hospital decides, you may have to be escorted there by police or some transportation to the hospital, second they come when they decide so you might be waiting in the hospital all day before someone picks you up. So taking action if you think you are going to lose definitely sounds reasonable so you don't have to deal with that. If you admit yourself and are willing to be tested you will still get stuck with all the serious cases, the mild cases etc. Its like a summer camp dorm but everything is locked and you are severely limited, there is usually only one tv in the room with like 20 or 30 people. You usually have a room mate and they may be a pain if they have a severe diagnose. Also people are always watching and checking up on you and what type of person they are can vary, nightshift might be a college kid or someone who is doing it for extra money and they might talk about the patients, make fun of them behind there back and be rather rude. Doctors may be more understanding but some of the workers might not give a rip about the people there. But there are people who do care more, the full time people, nurses who work in that field etc. You would have to wait your turn every day to see a social worker or doctor and seeing that they are busy with everyone you can't exactly talk to them when you want. Plus you will be stuck on a regiment of getting up at a certain time, eat at a certain time. You may get put in classes with people and sit around talking about drug abuse or illness while you are there, depending on the doc diagnoseing you. Some people who can't afford more expensive treatment might be there just to get a checkup or a new medicine and they are basically trapped there for a couple days or longer. If you do seek help in a hospital this may be what you face, so if you think this is absolutely serious and needs care then be prepared for stuff like this. Secondly, you can't just walk in and walk out in these places, the doctor has to release you based on what they determine. So finding a psychiatrist who will see and diagnose you, while you are still in control and aware you have a problem sounds like a plus to me.
    Also if it does get worse, there are programs that can help like medicaid, SSI, disability, and some drug companies have programs that will give you medicine free if you can't afford them and meet their requirements. Risperdal does this. Psychiatrist will help you sometimes and give free samples to you that they have. Anti psychotic medicine is not cheap it can be 200, 300, 400 dollars a prescription depending on what it is.
    I am putting a lot of info out there, but definitely do your own research on these things, like you did with the malaria pill. again NIMH ( Nation Institute of Mental Health.) has useful info so researching them can help.

    Good luck!

    Last edited by red7204; 07-15-2009 at 05:54 PM.

     
    Old 11-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #10
    kbergsing
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    kbergsing's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2009
    Location: Decatur, AL
    Posts: 1
    kbergsing HB User
    Re: Hallucinations help.

    I have similar symptoms to what you are describing. I am going to try to see my psychiatrist tomorrow, but he is pretty busy. I have Death following me around. He hides in the shadows, so I keep all the lights on at night now. He is pretty freakin' ugly. I see shadows moving, and spiders crawling down the walls. I have done that for a while and never thought much of it. I have severe clinical depression and started hallucinating 2 days ago. I have been so scared, I would try to hide in the corner of our kitchen. When the cat would come in to eat, it would scare me so bad I would shake uncontrollably. My family has a long list of mental disorders. I was hoping it had skipped me, but I guess I wasn't so lucky. I am not too paranoid of people. I just know that Death, God and Satan are all after me. I am pretty anti-social now. I talk to my family and that is it. This is extremely hard on me. I have 5 children and my husband has no idea what is going on with me. Neither do I. I don't think I have ever been so scared. I just have this terrifying feeling that Death will take me and my kids will find me dead somewhere. Or that I will hurt them thinking that Death is after me again. I hope I can get in to see him tomorrow. I haven't slept more than a couple hours in a night in at least a week. It seems to happen more at night, when it is quiet. Light makes them go away. I guess I can just keep the lights on, but I still know they are watching me. It is a horrible feeling.

     
    Old 01-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #11
    phoenix 18
    Newbie
    (male)
     
    phoenix 18's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: libby,mt,us
    Posts: 1
    phoenix 18 HB User
    Re: Hallucinations help.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sevendaytheory View Post
    I'm very scepticle to go to the doctor about this kind of stuff but its come to my attention i definetely have a problem.

    I get some really weird hallucinations(?) for example ill put something on the table next to me at work and then ill look on the table and its not there but in some spot totally different, but i do not remember moving anywhere near there. Also lately I see people alot, I always ahve the feeling someones watching me and alot of the time i believe it is the devil or someone really evil. I hear footsteps and i will continually see a man walking at me in the dark in the side of my vision. One time i was in the car and the car infront of me headlights I was convinced was the devils eyes and the window of the neighbours house had a winged creature shadow in the window, which then caused me to go into a unbeleivably severe depression. I feel like theres 2 voices inside of me conversing with each other almost one evil and one good.
    Ontop of the hallucinations I get loss of vision, depression, anxiety, headaches,insomnia, numbness of feelings/extreme feelings at the same time hard to explain. Im very paranoid, scared of the dark and constantly feel like someones watching me at night

    edit- talk to god/devil even tho i dont believe in religion

    Wat can this be? i do plan to see a doctor over this but I would like to research this a bit first.
    im sorry about that i have the same problems i always feel that someone is watching me and talking to me in my head and im taking abilify for it and seeing psychiatrists, and nothing is working out so well.

     
    Old 01-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #12
    blue712
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Location: U.S.
    Posts: 180
    blue712 HB User
    Re: Hallucinations help.

    It is possible that it is Schizophrenia or another related condition, but it may also be a seizure disorder. It would be best to see some sort of doctor.

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    tactile hallucinations light the world Bipolar Disorder 23 06-22-2009 08:16 PM
    Aural hallucinations nightpassage Schizophrenia 0 03-15-2009 11:38 AM
    Auditory Hallucinations. ctpcguru Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) 2 06-03-2008 01:50 PM
    Need Advice - Hallucinations (and so much other stuff) Viralt Open to All Other Health Topics 11 08-13-2007 01:15 PM
    visual hallucinations a_person Schizophrenia 28 02-10-2007 06:54 PM
    Hypnopompic Hallucinations monanncel Sleep Disorders 15 09-07-2005 01:33 PM
    Hallucinations? sobs Menopause 1 08-06-2005 09:18 AM
    auditory hallucinations in psychotic depression dave_81 Depression 4 04-03-2005 09:19 AM
    Hallucinations and confusion Willow3 Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia 5 03-28-2004 03:56 PM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:27 AM.





    © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!