It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board

• Hallucinations Almost Gone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-22-2009, 01:23 AM   #1
    Swamp56
    (male)

Swamp56 HB User
    Hallucinations Almost Gone

Ok, my first signs of psychosis was paranoia followed by auditory hallucinations followed by visual hallucinations followed by delusions.

What I noticed is that even when off my meds (haven't taken Seroquel in about 2.5 weeks), my hallucinations don't seem to be present as much as they used to.

Originally my hallucinations were random and not very constant. I would hear voices sometimes and I would see ghosts at other times and sometimes bugs on the wall.

While I'm in an almost complete remission (somehow lol), I noticed that even before the remission, I wasn't hearing things much...it was mostly visual (mainly seeing bugs and things flicker).

Today I saw a bug on the wall and it disappeared as well. It seems that while I regressed into a more delusional state (my delusions got MUCH worse at one point), my hallucinations went in the opposite direction, which I've never heard of.

Just wondering your take on it.
    Lexapro 60mg,
    Topamax 50mg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #2
    lxx
    (female)

lxx HB User
    Re: Hallucinations Almost Gone

i used to not take meds after being in hospitals and i would not hallucinate for months but then i would be back in the hospital again after anotherschizophrenic attack. I would be careful if i were you to stop taking meds. i learned my lesson. i also found a med that is not too bothersome to take-geodon. it's been 3 months so far and i haven't had a relapse.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:59 AM   #3
    Swamp56
    (male)

Swamp56 HB User
    Re: Hallucinations Almost Gone

I wrote this thread a while ago - I'm on my meds. I started becoming completely delusional off them, so...
    Lexapro 60mg,
    Topamax 50mg

Closed Thread