It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board

• Risperdal question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-16-2002, 03:37 PM   #1
    missmoody

missmoody HB User
    Post Risperdal question

I am taking 1/2 a miligram of Risperdal. I am not schizophrenic, I have a personality disorder. I think that is why I am on Risperdal. I was also dx Bipolar. Anyway, I have been taking Risperdal and as you can see a very low dose. It is working wonders for me, but I have a couple of questions. First, I read somewhere that Tranquilizers cause brain damage and I read that Risperdal is classified as a tranquilizer. I do take it at night to sleep. Also, I read that the withdrawl from Risperdal is a very difficult process with terible side effects. Is there any truth to that? Do I have something to worry about there? I don't want to damage my brain by taking a medication. Noone wants to damage their brain intentionally. My second concern is this: I have been on Risperdal(by it's self) steady for about 2 weeks. I missed my period for this month. I am wondering if that is normal or do I need to worry about that? I am not on that much. Is it a side effect to have an absent menstrual cycle? Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2002, 03:04 AM   #2
    welfarefraud

welfarefraud HB User
    Wink

Hey there.. I was on Risperdal for a while too, only I was on 4mg. All it did for me was make me really tired, but I didnt experience any bad withdrawl symptoms. I'm also an illegal drug user though, so that might not help you out too much. Risperdal didnt really help anything else but my sleeping. A lot of the meds along with Risperdal mess with my period as well. I dont think theres much to worry about, but I would take more peoples opinions than just my own. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/redface.gif) Good luck.

Old 04-17-2003, 12:22 AM   #3
    Rispernomore

Rispernomore HB User
    STOP USING RISPERDAL! Yes, I took it for three years and my brain has significantly altered in creativity, abstract reasoning and short term memory. I was never warned about this, but I am no longer the intellegent person I once was. Please take my advise and realize that risperdal is dangerous!

Old 05-08-2003, 12:16 PM   #4
    Kimberly Lynn88

Kimberly Lynn88 HB User
    Red face

Risperdal changing brains? please say it isnt so....my daughter has taken it for years...Dx Bi Polar with psychotic tendencies.

Closed Thread