It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Scoliosis Message Board

• Scoliosis and rib pain

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-31-2018, 09:08 AM   #1
    FireLilly
    (female)

FireLilly HB User
    Scoliosis and rib pain

Recently been diagnosed with scoliosis and seeking advice. I have a concave rib cage which has occurred since the age of 12/13 and have recently been told that this is a result of the scoliosis. With this formation of my rib cage I experience pain on a daily basis however massive amounts of pain on occasion which can last hours. One doctor thought that the shape of the ribs press onto the lungs triggering the pain, however only caused by certain movements. This leaves me utterly breathless and unable to move with with the only solution resulting in me having to go to a&e to recieve heavy pain killers and light sedation until the pain goes. I also get serious back pain constantly, especially when standing for long periods of time or driving. Ive seen many doctors before and been given the advice of taking paracetamol which is absolutely useless and a complete waste of time. This surgeon I have seen who diagnosed me with the scoliosis has suggested spinal physiotherapy however I am very sceptical that this will work. Due to the angle of my spine not being drastic, he wants me to try other options before surgery. So many question is has anyone else experienced this sort of pain and what treatment was seeked? The issue i have is that I'm still very young and my worry is that if I'm having problems now, what will it lead to when i become older and so any help would be much appreciated, Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply