It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Scoliosis Message Board

• Anyone else need supplemental oxygen due to severe scoliosis?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-04-2019, 01:05 AM   #1
    suggi
    Veteran
    (female)

suggi HB User
    Anyone else need supplemental oxygen due to severe scoliosis?

I have been short of breath upon activity for a while now due to the worsening of my spine and have now been tld it is at the point I need oxygen for activity for now but eventually it will progress to 24/7 oxygen. Insurance will not pay for the new 2.8 lb POC as it is considered a "luxery item" so hubby had to give up his dream of a 55" TV so I could get the Inogen G4.

That Inogen only goes up to 3lpm but because of my osteoporosis I can not carry more than 5 lbs and I also have to lug around 2 Epipens. I have not been out with it as yet but have used it in the house and I know I could not handle anything heavier. It is the stairs that really do me in and my oxygen goes way down. Unfortunately I have 3 flights in my multi level home and I am constantly going up and down - I do not have a kitchen and bathroom on the same floor.

I had a fall about 5 years ago that seemed to start the whole thing - was taking hbby home from having a procedure and he was still loopy and was trying to hold on to him and fumling for my keys in my bag, holding it in front of my and clipped a cement car stop with my boot (was snowing) and down I went pushing my bag into my diaphragm. Now my diaphragm is up in my lung space and my spine is also going across my chest towards my heart. I have gone to PT but.... I am scared that is going to do me in.

Is ther anyone else in my boat? Thank you for any replies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply