It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Scoliosis Message Board

• muscle cramps

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-12-2020, 06:19 AM   #1
    jmwe29
    (female)

jmwe29 HB User
    muscle cramps

Hi all, I am 67 years old and have dealt with scoliosis since pre-teen years. Things didn't really get bad until maybe 20 years ago or so, but seems like an eternity. The curve goes off to my left up high, and often leaves the muscles in the left upper back area cramped up and very tight and sore.

I did find a physical therapist who has done me a lot of good over about a year's time- he uses exercises that aren't like standard PT. The exercises he gave me actually worked to remove maybe 3 other curves further down my spine, and the main curve up high is somewhat better as well. (I actually regained almost an inch in height!) Standard PT did me no good at all- complete waste of time.

So, now I have the exercises, and when things act up, I'll get them out, and they work quite well for me, but the main curve still persists, and the muscles still want to cramp up on bad days. Wondering if any of you ever deal with this and what you do about it? I just ordered some Tiger Balm gel for the pain, but is topical relief the best we can hope for? I do recall the chiropractor using a TENS machine on me that really didn't seem to do a whole lot. But that was a long time ago. Anyone do any good with one of those?

BTW, this last therapist told me that more than likely it is a slightly shorter left leg that caused all this back then in the first place. Makes sense.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply