It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Scoliosis Message Board

• Scoliosis and irregular periods, abdominal pain

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #1
    Mystia7789
    (female)

Mystia7789 HB User
    Scoliosis and irregular periods, abdominal pain

All my life i have had lower back pain. On October 31, 2012. I was diagnosed with Lumbar Scoliosis, convex to the right. All was well until December, then i began to get periods every 2 weeks, on the last period i had, i experienced severe lower ( left side ) pain. I am 37 and know what cramps feel like, this was not a cramp, the pain felt like pressure, a squeezing, and only on the left side, it also effected my left leg. After 2 hours of sleep, i went to the ER, and of course the doctor there said i just had cramps, he could not feel anything, no tumor, no nothing, however he did send me for an Ultrasound.
    I get the results in a few days, i will share my findings.

Currently i am taking Celebrex ( it helps a little bit )
    Pain medication Tylenol 1 ( codiene, caffiene 2 x per week )

The doctor perscribed Hydromorph ( i dont like the way they make me feel so i dont take them )

I am still working 4 hours per day, 4 days a week, but soon i am going to have to give up my job, as i do manual labour and i am finding that i get muscle weekness after about 2 hours into my shift, and i am scared to death of falling at work.
    The doctor said that the exray confirmed scoliosis, but did not list the degree at witch the curve is.
    I am saving up for PT -

questions:

Anyone had irregular periods and scoliosis? ( im not on the pill, actually had a tubal ligation done a couple of years ago )
    Anyone still working with Mild - Moderate scoliosis? ( if so what kind of jobs ? )

Anyway any help, comments are appreciated.
    ( Tough times dont last, tough people do!! )

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2014, 07:33 PM   #2
    fenica1980
    (female)

fenica1980 HB User
    Re: Scoliosis and irregular periods, abdominal pain

Hi,
    I am 34 years old. I have scoliosis and congenital muscular dystrophy. I also have irregular period. They are very heavy. One time my period stay on for 5 weeks. So at that time, I went to the doctor. The doctor found out I have a fibroid tumor on my right side. Have you check for tumor? I am taking Provera now to try to stop the bleeding. Yes, the Provera is working but it is cause several side effects such as high blood pressure, high heart rate, shortness of breath, and other.

Veronica

Old 06-09-2014, 06:52 AM   #3
    Mystia7789
    (female)

Mystia7789 HB User
    Re: Scoliosis and irregular periods, abdominal pain

I finaly discovered that i have hemorragatic ovarian cysts.the doctor put me on a form of Naproxen. I take them for 1 week out of the month. So far things on that end have resolved. i am seeking a new doctor as i am tired of feeling the pain everyday and upon requesting my exray reports i discovered i have 3 curves! In my cervical, upper lumbar, an lower lumbar. I am doing new physio exercises, but there are some things that it just cant fix. Thankyou for posting, its a relief to no i am not alone!

Reply Reply