It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Scoliosis Message Board

• Rotatory dextroconvex scoliosis

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-27-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
    CC444
    (male)

CC444 HB User
    Rotatory dextroconvex scoliosis

Hi, this is my first post here.

I have neck and left arm / shoulder/ shoulder blade pain with muscle spasms. My MRI report says I have rotatory dextroconvex scoliosis, although I've never been treated for it. This was news to me.

Anyway, does anyone think my muscle spasms are coming from the scoliosis? I have DDD and many other neck issues. I always thought the spasms were from the stenosis, but not sure.

Does anyone know about this type of scoliosis? Any feedback? Thanks a ton!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2014, 08:53 AM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: Rotatory dextroconvex scoliosis

Sorry -- it's "me" again. Did you look up dextroconvex scoliosis online? I just did as I didn't know how it was different from the other types of scoliosis...and it turns out that muscle spasms in the chest area are the symptom that distinguishes it...that and the direction of the curve....

(Rotatory means that the vertebrae making up this curvature are rotated so that their spinous processes are pointed towards the concavity.)

It is possible that this has come about since your original fusion. As the other discs have continued to degenerate, and due to the fusion itself, you may have changes in structural alignment that result in the muscles and soft tissue rebalancing and working in new ways. They may be pulling your spine into this new curve.

Did you have an x-ray while you were standing, with your weight evenly distributed between your two feet?

Old 07-30-2014, 10:46 AM   #3
    CC444
    (male)

CC444 HB User
    Wink Re: Rotatory dextroconvex scoliosis

Yeah, I looked it up. I just was wondering if the muscle spasms are because of this or because of nerve impingement.

I haven't had an X-ray for about 5 years.

I'm thinking a more aggressive, concentrated plan and approach is what I need.

I need to sit down with my primary and wife and devise a plan. If I have learned one thing in this journey, it is that I need to take charge of my treatment and pursue what is best for me. I cant wait for doctors or even With the Internet we can now educate ourselves much better than we used to be able to.

Don't be "sorry" for responding to my post. You are the only one to respond to me and I really appreciate it!

Reply Reply