It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Scoliosis Message Board

• Sudden obvious uneven muscle

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-04-2014, 05:20 AM   #1
    Imprezalover
    (female)

Imprezalover HB User
    Sudden obvious uneven muscle

I've had scoliosis since 2002 (when it was detected). In 2003 I had a fusion. I've always had some asymmetry but it's reached an extreme very suddenly. Everything on my right side is much bigger. My calf is bigger, fattier, the muscle is harder and more defined. The thigh is more defined, more muscular. If I wear shorts it's very visible. My surgical scar is on my right side. On this side it's always been relatively even. For some perspective my curve pre op was about 45-47 degrees, they weren't sure the exact measurement at the time of surgery due to the rate of progression & I never asked what they saw. Last measured, years ago, the curve was 12 degrees. Well, I've noticed there is so much more back muscle on my right side, so much side muscle, my abs both upper and lower, it's everything, it's all so huge. You can feel the muscle tone difference and now it's becoming more visible. In 2013 there was nothing like this going on. My god, even my arm is huge. My shirt sleeve is pulled taught on one arm and is loose on the other. Back to my side though, my lower abdomen is often crampy. The last week it's gotten worse. The pain is now also about level with my belly button for the most part, but on my side. I can't take a deep breath. It feels strange when touched. Get this, last night I couldn't feel light touch on my entire right side from about where my bra strap is down to my hip joint, from my belly button to my back. When lightly touched, like a tickle but soooo light it hurt. I am not good at describing pain but this was almost like a sting. It would be the most painful a second after the touch stopped. I feel this urge to stretch that side out. It's hard, tender, getting worse. My boyfriend tried massaging me but to be touched there sent me into near panic bc of the odd feelings. I'm at a breaking point. In addition to this, I've been noticing thinning hair. My hormones have been tested, everything is fine. My thyroid is fine. Due to my chronic diarrhea my doc is wondering now if I have a vitamin deficiency she hasn't yet tested for or an absorption problem. Hormones were checked because I'm 26 and I've lost like half my hair, I'm growing longer thicker arm hair, body hair, and some facial hair. I even have acne. I feel like a freak. I'm wearing this beautiful blouse but I feel so ugly with one sleeve tight around my upper arm & the other so loose. I don't know what's wrong at all. This side pain is becoming an issue though & I just want to look at least somewhat normal again. My he other day something weird happened too. I woke up and my lower arms and my hands hurt. It reminded me of "growing pains" and hurt a bit to touch. Does anyone know what's wrong with me??!!

Should probably also add that in May 2013 I weighed 171. Today, in October 2014 I weigh 122. I feel like though I worked to lose weight it came off easily? Almost too easily. The last 10-15 pounds were not intentional. I barely did any cardio, ever. I just changed my diet, ate less, I eat healthy portion sizes now that's all.

Last edited by Imprezalover; 10-04-2014 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Year incorrect

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    diarreha, scoliosis, side pain, thinning hair