It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board

• I hate myself

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #1
    DisturbedMisfit
    (male)

DisturbedMisfit HB User
    I hate myself

I hate my life and myself. I am struggling with self harm.
    I want to cope with it. I hate myself and my life. I am a burden to everyone else and to me as well. I hate it I want my harming to end but I can't seem to control it. Why can't I do something else? I need help really need it. I have such low self esteem sometimes I go up for amusement then down to the pits of hell. My mind is racing. Everyone is having fun with out me and they leave me out. I am a social outcast. Just to let you all know I am odd boy out.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-07-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2019, 07:16 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: I hate myself

Dear Disturbed,

You are not a misfit. You share feelings that most of us hide.
    Please read what I wrote to another -
    https://www.healthboards.com/boards/self-injury-recovery/1043858-self-harm.html
    (it's hard for me to type)

We have to tell ourselves the truth and control our thoughts before we can control our bodies. Hating others or ourselves makes us destructive. We need to forgive others and ourselves. Whatever others did or do to you is not your fault. I also felt like the odd person out. But as I grew up I began to see that my struggles are very common. Even the most popular and beautiful looking people struggle with self- harm and self-esteem.

You can stop hating yourself and begin hating injustice. Once we begin getting our hate off our own selves, we can enjoy when the sun shines and even when it rains. It does both of all of us. We just notice it more on our own selves. That is totally normal, as we cannot read minds. Every person has some suffering and struggles in life.

We can't fix others and we cannot fix everything in our own lives. But we can choose to notice that scars mean healing, life, health. We can change how we look at the things in our lives. You can do this, too.

You can get off your own back, hon. You are just as worthwhile as any of the rest of we humans.

Love,

Reply Reply