It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board

• Self harm thoughts

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
    Jinxie538
    (male)

Jinxie538 HB User
    Exclamation Self harm thoughts

Okay I am usually a generally relaxed guy and your average 16 year old boy, i like sports, mainly baseball, i hang out with my friends who i am very selective about and i have a lot of stress. I have always found ways in my past to vent my emotions but lately i have just feel bottled up and i dont know what to do about it.

the only other time i felt so bad was when i was in elementary school and i was bullied and harassed by other kids all the time and so i had thought about self harm but never did it. and honestly i thought i had put all those sorts of feelings behind me, that i had moved on with my life. but now its all coming back, right from the roots, the self harm thoughts and i don't know why, and I'm worried that it will escalate and i just don't know what to do. i dont dare talk to my parents they will not understand, ill just get a suck it up or you'll be fine just get some rest but that never helps. can anyone help?

Last edited by Administrator; 10-01-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
    Glowie Lou
    (female)

Glowie Lou HB User
    Re: Self harm thoughts

I highly suggest that you go to your school counselor, and get a recommendation for a psychiatrist. That is my best advice for you. Sounds to me that you just may need an antidepressant. Hang in there, and know that I truly understand how you feel. I too, have major clinical depression, and have to take meds. Do not let another day go by without talking to your school counselor. You will get through this. Just remember that the way you feel isn't your fault. Our brains just don't work like the norm person. Also, asking Jesus to help you. Jesus will never leave you or forsake you. He loves you so much, and wants you to feel joy.

Blessings,
    Glowie

The Following User Says Thank You to Glowie Lou For This Useful Post:
    Jinxie538 (09-10-2013)
    Old 10-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
    mysterygurl
    (female)

mysterygurl HB User

Don't self harm it's an addictive downward spiral I would talk to someone you trust and maybe seek professional help. I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder and was a self harmer I really regret ever doing SI because whenever I am really stressed that is my first thought I am 25 and I hate having to fight with myself every time I am stressed I mean I am an adult now I am supposed to stuff together so please think about the repercussions of your actions

Old 10-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
    Jinxie538
    (male)

Jinxie538 HB User

Thanks, but i fear, since i last posted, i have started, and you're right it is addicting. i can't control it, it's become like a need to have something on me 24/7. i never leave home without it. and my close friend made a point, she said "this is not the way the pain will keep coming back" and she's right it does. I've talked to people but its not helping.

regardless of all the "support" and "caring" people i have in my life, it doesn't seem to help, all they tend to do is look at me like I'm <messed> up and make me feel worse.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-01-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
    mysterygurl
    (female)

mysterygurl HB User

This profoundly saddens me I was trying to save you from some of what I went through. I find that with SI not many people understand why people like us self injure. I think you need to find someone you can trust or find someway to get help or something. Because as time goes on it gets harder to stop and I know I couldn't stop on my own.

Last edited by mysterygurl; 10-04-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    cutting, help asap, scared, suicidal