It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Senior Health Message Board

Hands going numb at night

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #1
kate222 HB User
Hands going numb at night

im not sure if this is where I should ask this question, but it's about my mother who is 81, so I figured I try it. As I said, my mom is 81 years old, and she has been complaining that her hands are going numb at night. She was told when she was younger by her doctor that she had the kind of hands that someday would close and not open again. I'm not exactly sure what that means but was wondering if the numbness might have something to do with that.

I'm pretty sure carpel tunnel is not the problem. She doesn't do much of anything, especially repetitively. Any ideas would be appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 11-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Hands going numb at night

Hi, one of the most common reasons for hands or feet going numb is Reynaulds syndrome- which is a circulatory issue. The blood isnt circulating properly. It can also be caused by numerous neurological disorders and by low vitamin C. Can you have your mom's doctor run some blood work on her and start by ruling out anything being low?
RRMS- dx 05

Old 01-03-2017, 05:08 PM   #3
aprilbday12 HB User
Re: Hands going numb at night

I have the same problem. I have spinal issues- degenerative neck. It presses on my nerves blocking receptors. My hands go numb a lot.

Reply Reply