It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board

How dangerous is anal sex?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2015, 07:51 PM   #1
larrz
(male)

larrz HB User
Unhappy How dangerous is anal sex?

Hello,
I always thought that anal sex was basically safe when you take it slow and use lube. I also heard this in many documentaries about sex where they talked about anal sex.
But now I'm scared cause I read a few horror stories where people hurt their rectum through vibrators. Now I wonder how dangerous is anal sex in general?
I mean I have watched videos online where couples had anal sex and often times the males are pretty rough and they also don't take it slow but they are moving fast and inserting their penis from all kinds of directions into the rectum and the women also seems to have some discomfort.
My question is how can such a woman who is receiving anal sex basically tell if the discomfort is normal or if it's something serious? I mean is it possible that the male basically ruptures the rectum with his penis and the woman doesn't really notice it or if she notices it then it's already too late?

I also have no idea how hard it would be to damage the rectum with a penis or lets say a flexible sex toy which isn't solid. I mean how much force would this require? Would you first of all feel pain and then be able to stop right away before the rectum would really get damaged?

I hope someone here can give me some answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2015, 02:00 AM   #2
AncientHeart
(female)

AncientHeart HB User
Re: How dangerous is anal sex?

Given that no one else has replied to this I thought I would post a few thoughts.
I think it is an entirely personal choice as to whether to try this.

You are, in my opinion, quite rightly concerned about the short term effects of this and also, the long term effects. Like you, I’ve also read posts where people have tried to use vibrators on themselves and experienced pain and then go onto have problems in that area, including tears, anal fissures and infections and they are expressing much regret at having tried it.

Also, on an emotional level, don’t let anyone tell you that ‘everyone does this’ – they don’t! Don’t let any man pressure you into this, it’s a choice, and you need to be totally confident that the man involved has your best interests at heart. If a man is pushing you for this and you’re resisting, expressing concerns, then he’s not listening to you and isn’t respecting you. Remember, this is your body, and that part of your body has to perform its natural function every day - for the rest of your life.

Old 05-10-2015, 11:46 AM   #3
lenvegas
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Hi, Ancientheart gave you very good advice. As a man who has been married twice and has had many sexual partners, I can tell you that not one woman has ever asked me for anal sex and I have never in my life performed it. Do not think that your sex life is not complete by not performing this act. And yes, it is very possible that you can damage a woman and I am sure you do not want to do that.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:08 AM   #4
larrz
(male)

larrz HB User

Wow this is scary. Did these people who hurt themselves use too huge vibrators or did they use it inspite of pain?

Aren't women curious about anal sex just to know what it feels like?
If I was a woman I would be curious.

Closed Thread