It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board

Possible male yeast infection.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 171
ebon_aurora HB User
Possible male yeast infection.

It appears that for the last month and a half that my bf and I have been sexually active, I've had a yeast infection (I have CONTINUOUS problems with them) and didn't know it. Now he's starting to show some symptoms. How exactly does a male (without health insurance) treat it? The only thing I can think is to call in to my doctor for a prescription of Diflucan but the milligram amount he would prescribe may not be strong enough for a 6'3 185 pound male. He usually prescribes me 150 mg. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 02-17-2007, 05:31 AM   #2
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 29
mo2willow HB User
Re: Possible male yeast infection.

He needs to see a doctor and get the Diflucan prescribed. Otherwise you will just keep passing it back and forth. My husband and I just went through the same thing this past week. He took one Diflucan and was completely better in about 4-5 days. I am on my second dose and am almost completely better. If he doesn't have insurance, there has to be some type of a clinic he can go to?

Old 02-23-2007, 02:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,971
Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: Possible male yeast infection.

When one partner gets treated for yeast the other partner should also get treated and this should be done everytime there is a yeast infection otherwise you simply keep passing it back and forth.

Taking a probiotic once a day on an empty stomach about half an hour or more before a meal is also very beneficial.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #4
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 34
MissMaestro HB User
Re: Possible male yeast infection.

It's always recomend that as soon as the women gets it you get the cream for the partner. the tablets wont work because mens are on the outside so need to be treated topically where women can do both.
you give he the cream wether or not he has it, it doesnt matter because he can get it without having any symptoms and you do pass it back to one another. so every time you get it get him to start using the cream.
hope that helped

Last edited by Mod-S4; 02-27-2007 at 06:42 AM. Reason: These boards are for peer sharing only.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
skipa dee babe
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 149
skipa dee babe HB User
Re: Possible male yeast infection.

I have the same thing , how would a man keep the cream on himself without it being 'well' all over the place and actually getting it to stay on ? because we take it at night so it will stay inside longer right ?

Old 03-12-2007, 11:24 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,971
Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: Possible male yeast infection.

Skipa, that's why males need to apply it a few times per day. If the man has not been circumsized it will stay on easier than somebody who has been circumsized. I guess they could apply it liberally and then put toilet paper or something along those lines so that it doesn't all rub off onto their underwear.

The hard part is not how to get the medication to stay on, but getting a male to actually apply the stuff at 3 times per day!!

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Treatment for Male Yeast infection... Hydrophila Men's Health 3 04-21-2010 09:42 AM
Possible Circumcision mrbojangle Men's Health 9 01-18-2008 09:39 PM
how to treat Male yeast infection? jupe Sexual Health - Men 4 04-27-2007 09:50 PM
Possible Male yeast infection? brandy76 Sexual Health - Men 9 08-13-2004 09:28 AM
Help- upset over yeast infection and possible diabetes Broadwaygirl03 Women's Health 1 01-28-2004 04:45 AM
Male yeast infections mr?man Urology 4 01-23-2004 11:03 PM
Burning Urethra [Male] Anyone??? ceedricc Urology 4 12-18-2003 10:52 AM
Urethra Burn... irritation [male] j0kez Urology 7 12-06-2003 08:44 PM
Male Yeast Infection exilee22 Infectious Diseases 13 11-10-2003 11:20 AM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:37 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!