It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board

Different views between me and girlfriend

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
holdyourcolor
(male)

holdyourcolor HB User
Exclamation Different views between me and girlfriend

Hello,

Me and my girlfriend of 1.5 months both decided we don't want any kids, and she has an IUD in place. But she is still paranoid about being pregnant, and so am I to a certain extent.

One potential solution is to wear condoms all the time, but I'm wondering if anyone has gone through a similar situation, or have any ideas on how to come to an agreement somehow. I appreciate any insight.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-04-2013 at 11:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
lenvegas
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
Re: Different views on abortion between me and girlfriend

Hi, why would you try to establish a point of contention between the two of you over an event that has not even happened yet? Since she has been responsible about using her choice of birth control the rest is up to you. If you want to be safer then use the rhythm method or wear condoms, then in your head you will not worry about the what if.......

Last edited by Mod-S4; 10-02-2013 at 01:47 PM.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lenvegas For This Useful Post:
rosequartz (10-01-2013),selenapip (10-03-2013),Seraph (10-01-2013)
Old 10-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
captjane
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User
Re: Different views on abortion between me and girlfriend

Then it would be a good idea to double up on protection to be on the safe side. The distinction between men and women on this is you as the man do not have to worry about actually falling pregnant, it won't happen to you, ever, so she is the one carrying the greatest worry and the greatest fallout if it happens. So her views carry more weight when it comes down to it, if you were the one who would get pregnant, things would be reversed. Neither option is easy, the least you could do is support her choice since it takes two to get pregnant.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-04-2013 at 11:47 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to captjane For This Useful Post:
rosequartz (10-01-2013)
Closed Thread